Planning the perfect wedding day begins with etiquette, and the ride in your wedding car is no exception.
Wedding car etiquette should be followed to ensure that the foundation of your special day is filled with happy memories.
There are a few rules of thumb when it comes to transportation on your wedding day that you should be aware of.
By following these tips for wedding car etiquette, you’ll be able to make sure everyone in attendance has a good time and will make it to their destination safe and sound.
Choosing the car
When you’re deciding between classic vintage cars or modern luxury vehicles, these are the top things you should consider:
• Antique cars are ideal for a vintage-themed wedding. These classic cars have a nostalgic feel and evoke old Hollywood glamour with their timeless design. These can be hard to find, so it’s particularly important to book these well in advance.
• Luxury sedans and SUVs: Available as both luxury sedans or stretch limousines, luxury car services can make transportation easier at your wedding. Most come with features like A/C controls, USB charging ports, and sometimes even a minibar stocked with refreshments so that everyone can stay comfortable during the journey.
• Party buses: If you’re looking for something more unique than a traditional car service, consider booking a party bus instead.
Larger buses are perfect for transporting large groups of guests who want to dance and enjoy themselves on their way to the reception venue.
They typically feature luxe amenities such as LED lighting, televisions, and sound systems perfect for playing music all night long.
Who Should Ride in the Wedding Car?
While some modern couples choose to drive themselves for added convenience or for a lighthearted touch, it is still common for at least one other person to join them in their vehicle.
Tradition dictates that this honor be assigned to either a parent or another special individual from the bride’s side of the family, though this decision is ultimately up to each couple to decide what works best for them.
If multiple vehicles are used—as may be needed if there are too many attendants—the bride and groom can ride with both sides of their family separately or arrive with an exclusive group responsible for escorting them throughout the travel destination after their arrival.
Any additional individuals can take one of many smaller cars following behind the mainly used vehicle so that all members of the wedding party get proper focus on this especially important day.
From modest decorations to elaborate displays, it’s important to plan ahead and be aware of traditional etiquette and local laws.
A bouquet of flowers is a popular way to decorate the wedding transportation. Check with your florist ahead of time to coordinate with your color scheme, or stick with traditional white roses. Be sure that the flowers are securely tied on and don’t obstruct the driver’s visibility.
Paint pens work well for writing a quick phrase on the window or for outlining an intricate design if you have an artist in your bridal party. If you’re working with an ink pen, be mindful of using permanent markers as some surfaces should not be written on — check before you write!
Try using ribbons and streamers from matching colors or boldly contrasting shades to make your car stand out from afar. Check with any rental companies ahead of time for their regulations about any outside decorations, such as stickers or flags.
Keep in mind that some visible decorations can fall off the vehicle during transit — just another reminder to secure everything down properly!
Who Pays for It?
Generally, it is expected that the bride’s family will pay for any transportation provided to her. However, it is not unheard of for some couples to cover the cost themselves or share responsibility with both families; as mentioned previously this depends entirely on individual circumstances. For some further guidance, here are a few factors to consider when deciding who will pay for your wedding car:
• Your Budget: The cost should factor into your overall budget and may have an impact on who pays for it. Is the cost within reach of one family or do both need to contribute?
•The Logistics: If you’re traveling from different locations such as from your home address to a nearby venue, you should decide whether you need transport for each person involved in addition to transport for yourself and your partner. This can add up quickly!
• Family Customs: You may find that each family has their own ideas about how the costs should be split. Discuss openly with them what makes sense given all parties’ wishes and financial situations.
• Your Priorities: Remember that if paying for your own transportation is something important to you or if hiring cars is something you want within reason at your wedding then make sure everyone involved understands this before making a decision.
Tips for Hiring a Wedding Car
When choosing to hire a wedding car there are many different things you should take into consideration. Here are some useful tips:
1. Consider the location. Before making a decision, it is important to know whether the proposed hire car has adequate access to the chosen venue. As these vehicles can often be large and unusual size, it is advisable to check that there is adequate access.
2. Make sure your vehicle is covered. It is worth ensuring that all drivers of your wedding car(s) have adequate experience and have been properly trained in regard to health & safety regulations; particularly the wearing of seatbelts during travel time, especially if young children are present.
Also, check that your chosen provider carries public liability insurance; this will protect you against any unforeseen costs or damage caused by their chauffeurs or vehicles during their use on your special day.
3. Compare prices and styles of cars available in order to get an overall best value service. Ensure that you take careful note of any dampers on services such as unlimited mileage restrictions.
This could incur additional costs deemed unnecessary during master planning stages if overlooked or not picked up initially by yourselves when comparing companies that provide similar services.
Now that you have a better understanding of wedding car etiquette, it’s time to plan your special day and make sure that every ride is a stylish and stress-free one.
Keep in mind the above tips to help ensure that each and every ride runs smoothly and everyone can comfortably enjoy transportation on this momentous occasion.
Remember that there are no rigid rules when it comes to planning wedding transportation – the choice is ultimately your own. Have fun and keep these key points in mind when selecting chauffeured wedding cars for your special day!