The beauty industry is increasing its figures after the downfall caused by global pandemics. The skincare and fragrancies were the categories that were touched the most in this downfall but it seems like the whole industry is on the mend which is clearly shown in the beauty market statistic results from 2023. According to the Cosmetics & Toiletries USA report, In the U.S. alone, the beauty and self-care market went up to $85 billion in retail sales in 2023, which is an increase of $7 billion from 2019 sales levels.
What are the new trends in the U.S. beauty market?
The current global trend of demand for new products in the beauty industry has affected the U.S. market as well. There are many new ‘’ indie cosmetic brands’’ that are on the rise and there is a lot of attention to where and how the consumers buy these new products. There are also particular beauty products that are on demand and that brands are addressing when developing their new products. These changes in the market have caused a lot of online traffic in finding cosmetic wholesales in the USA and thus the need of B2B platforms to connect businesses in the beauty sector. Finding wholesalers is not limited to the only USA but other world regions as well. For example the B2B platform Beauty Sourcing in China’s beauty market. On these platforms, you can keep track of the latest news and trends in the beauty markets. What is the current state of the U.S. market? These are the newest trends:
- The Make-up and fragrance sectors are on the rise in the U.S. market. The sales in the make-up sector have gone up by 12% in 2023. The accent is on hybrid make up and a lot of attention is placed in the innovation of products that promote skin improvement. The fragrance sector’s sales increased 25% since last year as well and there has been a significant growth of the male population involvement in the fragrance sector.
- There has been a lot of movement and activity in the mergers and acquisitions between large companies in the U.S. market. There were numerous beauty deals like for example Estée Lauder’s increased ownership in DECIEM. L’Occitane has also majority stake acquisition of the brand Sol de Janeiro. There are a few indie beauty brands worth mentioning because of their fast rate of growth such as Ilia Beauty and Tula Skincare.
- The SafeGraph foot traffic data for some of the biggest beauty retailers such as Sephora, Ulta, and Bath & Body Works shows an increase of 25% compared to last year. This means a lot of people are getting back to their previous routine of visiting the stores in order to shop. The retailers on the other hand are doing everything they can in order to keep the shoppers coming back. They are even rethinking return polices and retailers like Target or Walmart are even letting their customers keep their refunded items so that they can reduce the build-up of some product.
- The consumer market is more and more being led digitally. There is a trend of increased marketing through social media like you Tube, Instagram and TikTok where influencers are modelling products through livestream shopping. Some of popular brands like Olaplex, Lancôme, and Naturium made a partnership with YouTube for the social media platform’s first-ever shoppable Beauty Festival in June.
- The prediction for the beauty market in the U.S. is that after the initial rise in prices for the products, the brands are thinking of lowering the prices, offering value-priced products, as well as bundles so that they can save on packaging.
- The Rise of Subscription Boxes- they are becoming increasingly popular in the US beauty market. This is due to the fact that they offer a variety of products at a fraction of the cost of buying them individually. In addition, many subscription boxes offer a variety of benefits, such as exclusive content and access to special sales. Some of the most popular subscription boxes in the US include Birchbox, Sephora, and Lulus.
What about the products?
The beauty market is constantly evolving, and with that comes new ways to shop and get your makeup products. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the key trends in the U.S. beauty market and see how they’re changing the way we approach our beauty routine.
Trends in anti-aging skincare products are changing the face of beauty and aging. Some of the most popular trends in anti-aging skincare include:
-Hydrating creams and serums: These products help to keep skin hydrated and plump, which helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
-Lifting and wrinkle reduction: Wrinkles and imperfections are something that comes with age, and no one can escape it. But, good thing is that there are some non-surgical treatments and options that can slow down this. We strongly recommend to check Angellift reviews and see if that product seems right for you.
-Botanical ingredients: Many anti-aging skincare products include ingredients such as green tea extract or licorice root extract, which have been shown to help promote healthy skin.
– Targeted antioxidants: Antioxidants are key ingredients in many anti-aging skincare products because they help to fight the damage caused by free radicals.
The cruelty-free movement is growing in popularity, and the U.S. beauty market is key to its success. Cruelty-free cosmetics are made without any animal ingredients or byproducts, and they’re becoming more and more popular due to their Environmental consciousness. Some of the most popular cruelty-free brands in the United States include Lush, Bioderma, Too Faced, and Benefit Cosmetics.
Organic beauty products continue to gain in popularity, with sales of organic beauty products growing at a rate of 12.2 percent each year since 2013, according to The NPD Group. In addition, there has been a significant increase in the number of retailers carrying organic beauty brands, with more than one-third of all cosmetics stores now carrying at least one organic brand.
One key trend driving the growth of organic beauty products is the increasing awareness among consumers about the environmental and health benefits of using organic products. Another trend is the emergence of natural ingredients as key players in formulations, particularly for affordable products. For example, plant-based ingredients are becoming more prevalent in mainstream makeup brands, such as Maybelline New York Cosmetics and L’Oréal Paris Cosmetics.
Some of the most popular environmentally friendly ingredients in beauty products include organic ingredients, natural fragrances, and vegan products. Many brands are also beginning to add plant-based ingredients to their existing product lines in order to appeal to both vegan and omnivorous customers.
One example of a brand that has been focusing on environmentalism is Lush Cosmetics. The company has made a commitment to using only sustainable materials in its products, including using recycled packaging and making sure that all of its ingredients are sourced from certified organic farms. Lush also encourages customers to reuse or recycle their products once they have finished using them.
Social Media Influencers
In recent years, the use of social media influencers has exploded in popularity. These are individuals who have large followings on social media platforms, such as Instagram and Facebook, and who use their platforms to promote products. Their followers often believe what they say about a product and are more likely to buy it because of it.
Some of the key trends in the U.S. beauty market that are being promoted by social media influencers include using more natural ingredients, using urban fashion brands as inspiration for beauty products, and using darker colors and accents in makeup. These trends are likely to continue to grow in popularity over the next several years.
In today’s market, it’s important to stay ahead of the trends in order to stay competitive. There are a number of key US beauty trends that you should be aware of if you want to stay ahead of the curve and boost your business. From natural ingredients and eco-friendly practices to sustainable packaging and ethical manufacturing, there is a trend for everything these days. If you’re looking for ways to differentiate your business from the pack, keep an eye on what’s hot in the beauty world and start implementing some of these trends into your offerings.