When it comes to managing your home’s interior environment and privacy, you’ll find a variety of window covering options. Homeowners often opt for curtains, but others in Dandenong prefer the durability of roller shutters.
There are many ways you can cover your windows to regulate the temperature in a room or to add a layer of privacy to a space. Some homeowners choose curtains while others add roller shutters Dandenong locals prefer because of their durability.
If you want to add roller shutters to windows in your home, you are spoilt for choice because there are a variety of types to choose from. In this post, we explain what these different types of shutters offer so you can decide which ones will work well for your needs.
Automatic Roller Shutters
Automatic roller shutters are powered by a motor, and they can come with a manual hand chain in case there is a power outage. You can control automatic shutters with a remote control to open and close them even if you’re across the room.
There are roller shutters that will automatically close when you leave your house and open when you get back home. Or you can set up a timer for the roller shutters to open and close when it’s convenient for you.
All the shutters in your home can be operated using your remote so you don’t have to go to each window and close the shutters manually. These types of covers are ideal for larger houses with bigger windows.
Manual Roller Shutters
Manual roller shutters are operated by hand as opposed to a remote control. They are ideal for smaller apartments that have fewer windows. Like automatic roller shutters, the manually operated ones come in a variety of designs to suit your preferences.
The advantage of manual roller shutters is that they’re easy to operate and they’re cost-effective. Additionally, they’re durable and can protect your windows and doors from extreme weather conditions.
Exterior Roller Shutters
Exterior roller shutters are installed on the outside of your windows instead of inside your home. These shutters protect your windows from the elements, and can block out natural light. They’re ideal for home entertainment areas to prevent the sun’s glare from obstructing your view from the TV.
They’re also ideal for restaurant owners who want to protect their buildings from damage and add security to their properties.
Aluminium Roller Shutters
As the name suggests, aluminium shutters are made with durable aluminium material that’s rust resistant. These types of roller shutters add an extra layer of privacy to your home or business. They provide maximum protection from the sun, especially for indoor furniture with sensitive fabrics.
What’s more, they provide thermal insulation in the winter so that no hot air escapes through your windows. This means you’ll save money on your utility bills every month.
Timber Roller Shutters
Timber roller shutters are elegant and designed to enhance the aesthetics of your décor. These types of shutters are typically used in bars, coffee shops, and showrooms. They are ideal for people who want natural elements in their homes because these rollers are made from real timber.
You can get timber roller shutters in a variety of wood stains and shades. Darker wood stains go well with white walls. Lighter wood stains contrast well with teal-coloured walls or accents.
Timber roller shutters are ideal for small to large houses, especially in home offices or bedrooms. People who live in coastal areas prefer timber roller shutters as they’re easier to maintain compared to other types of material.
Which Roller Shutters Should You Choose?
The type of roller shutters you choose will depend on the size of your property and what you need them for. If you want to protect your windows or add an extra layer of security to your property, then exterior roller shutters are an ideal choice.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for more privacy or to block out natural light, then automatic roller blinds can work for you. Aluminium is the preferred material if you choose external shutters. But if you want internal shutters then we recommend the timber option.
Benefits of Roller Shutters
Roller shutters offer a multitude of advantages that make them a popular choice for homeowners. Regardless of the specific type you select, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Noise Reduction: Roller shutters act as an effective barrier against external noise, creating a quieter and more peaceful indoor environment.
- Light Control: You have full control over the amount of natural light entering your space, allowing you to adjust the ambiance to your liking.
- Enhanced Décor Aesthetics: Roller shutters come in various designs and colors, providing an attractive addition to your home’s interior and exterior aesthetics.
- Energy Savings: These shutters contribute to energy efficiency by helping regulate indoor temperatures, reducing the need for heating and cooling, and subsequently lowering energy costs.
- Ease of Operation: Whether manual or automatic, roller shutters are easy to operate, offering convenience and security at your fingertips.
- Variety of Designs: You can choose from a wide range of designs to match your home’s style and preferences.
- Improved Fire Resistance: Roller shutters provide an added layer of fire resistance, enhancing your home’s safety.
- Cost-Effective: Roller shutters are a cost-effective investment, offering long-term value through their durability and energy-saving properties.
- Long-Lasting: With proper maintenance, roller shutters can last for many years, providing enduring benefits for your home.
These versatile window coverings not only enhance your living experience but also add value to your property while delivering an array of practical benefits.
Roller shutters can be installed easily and made to your specific requirements. Whether you have large windows that are arched, or rectangle-shaped, you can get roller shutters that will fully cover them. Choose the specific colour and material you want so that it enhances the look of your property.
Use the information in this post to help you choose shutters that will best suit your needs. Whether you want internal or external shutters they will provide all the benefits you’re looking for.