Managing social media manually is nice, but have you ever tried a really great tool? From automating posts and analytics to doing trend research and creating unique visuals, there’s a tool for everything these days. Whether you’re a team of one or part of a huge social media squadron, tools will enhance your productivity, inspire creativity, and streamline your overall workflow. The best tools for social media managers will do all that and more!
After all, in the world of social media, there’s no room for guesswork. So, let’s dive in and explore the 14 best tools for social media managers. Your team will thank you!
1. Synup Social
Synup Social is the tool for growth-minded teams. Whether you’re hitting your engagement goals or struggling to get eyes on your content, Synup gives you the insights you need to learn the “why” behind your results. That way, you’ll be able to replicate your success (or rewrite your plan entirely) with ease.
Here’s why it belongs in your tech stack:
- The platform’s seamless, multi-platform scheduling capabilities empower you to stay on track with your social media strategy
- Robust, post-by-post analytics show you exactly what’s powering your growth – no number crunching required!
- An AI-powered post generator that matches your unique brand voice makes it easy to carry out your social media plan in a fraction of the time
- Smart, collaborative workflows make getting approval from your boss (or client) a simple process. No more DMs back and forth!
- Synup Social is built for agencies and enterprises. With multi-brand and multi-location support, you can manage all of your accounts from one unified platform, while the white-labeled features make client communication professional and seamless.
Customers say: “The best part is the multi-location functionality. We’re able to post across locations without logging into separate accounts and creating a hassle for our social media team. Synup Social has made our lives so much easier!”
Though it’s the new kid on the block, Synup Social is quickly making an impact in the social media management world. A first-of-its-kind, best-in-class AI-powered tool, Synup instantly wins users over. From its user-friendly interface to its time-saving workflows, it’s like having a personal assistant for your social media team!
Hootsuite is the Swiss Army knife of social media management. With an intuitive platform, smart content curation capabilities, and a comprehensive analytics dashboard, Hootsuite is beloved for its consistent innovation and solid base of features.
Here’s why it might be right for you:
- Fill up your content calendar with ease with post suggestions and an AI-powered caption generator
- Stay on top of trends with social listening
- Plan content that fulfills your strategy – so you can meet your goals and stay on track
- Advanced analytics and reporting empower you to monitor your impact – no number crunching required!
Customers say: “Managing multiple social media accounts has never been easier. Hootsuite has saved me hours of work every week.”
Although some users find Hootsuite’s interface to be overwhelming with a steep learning curve, once you get the hang of it it’s a great platform. Harked as the original social media manager, it’s stayed on top through ruthless innovation and support.
Known for its user-friendly interface and simplicity, Buffer is great for scheduling and analyzing posts with minimal fuss. It’s the perfect starter tool for solo operators and teams alike, lending great automation capabilities with a low price tag.
Here’s what makes it the perfect square one:
- A great budget-friendly option, plans start at $6/month. Though you won’t get the wealth of features available on other platforms, it’s a great starting point for teams looking to dip their toes into social media automation
- Create engaging posts and stick to your social media calendar with intuitive scheduling and post-creation capabilities
- Batch-schedule posts to save time and streamline your workflow
- Collaboration is simple with Buffer – no spreadsheets required
Customers say: “Buffer’s clean and straightforward design is a breath of fresh air in the world of social media management.”
Buffer isn’t as advanced as other tools on the market when it comes to analytics and extras. But, while it doesn’t offer a ton of opportunity for focused campaigning or in-depth analytics, Buffer is still a great social media management tool that will save you time on scheduling, publishing, and more!
4. Sprout Social
Drive impact from your social media accounts with Sprout. An all-in-one social media management platform, users enjoy robust publishing, engagement, and reporting features that streamline their efforts.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Smart content scheduling helps you fill up your content calendar quickly. You can rearrange your posts, publish across platforms, and more
- Collaboration tools help your team optimize and strategize with ease
- In-depth social listening and reporting ensures you’re always in the know
- Measuring performance is simple with advanced analytics capabilities
Customers say: “Sprout Social has revolutionized the way we manage social media. The reporting tools are a goldmine for understanding our audience and building a customer-centric strategy.”
While some users find Sprout Social to be on the pricier side and others have reported bugs, it’s still a top-rated product. For large teams hoping to streamline and collaborate, it’s a great choice!
SocialBee makes you the queen bee of your hive. Keep your socials buzzing with automated posts, and enjoy tools that make it simple to generate, create, write, collaborate, and analyze your posts. With an AI generator and content recycler, you’ll never run out of fresh content, either!
Here’s what to know:
- Evergreen content recycling and content categorization empowers you to maintain a consistent schedule while hitting all of your content pillars
- Targeted audience segmentation means you can give people exactly what they want to see
- Enjoy a user-friendly content calendar that helps you schedule with ease
Users say: “SocialBee’s evergreen content features are a game-changer. I can keep my feed active without constantly creating new content, and can focus my time elsewhere.”
Although SocialBee’s initial setup and configuration is somewhat time-consuming, it’s a great automation tool that will save you time and money in the long run!
You might know this next one from your last school presentation. Beloved for its easy-to-use graphic design platform, Canva is your go-to tool for creating eye-catching visuals. Whether you’re creating graphics for social media posts, stories, or banners, you can do it all on Canva’s user-friendly drag-and-drop interface.
Here’s why Canva is the tool you’ve been missing:
- While the pro plan unlocks a lot of valuable features, the free version of Canva gets the job done. It’s perfect for teams with a small budget looking to improve their visual brand identity!
- With an extensive library of design templates, it’s easy for anyone to make a quick, stylish design
- The easy-to-use image editor is perfect for slight tweaks to pictures
- The collaborative design feature makes teamwork simple
Users say: “Canva makes graphic design accessible for everyone. It’s easy for me and my team to create professional-looking social media visuals – even without a design background.”
Although some advanced design features may be limited compared to professional graphic design software, you can’t beat simplicity!
7. Google Analytics
If you only think of Google Analytics for SEO, think again! As a comprehensive web analytics tool that offers insights into your website’s traffic, GA is critical for understanding the impact of your social media efforts.
Here’s how you should use it:
- Examine visitor demographics and behavior analysis with ease
- Conversion tracking lets you know exactly how effective your latest social campaign was
- Explore customizable reports and dashboards to track exactly what you care about – all in one place
Users say: “Google Analytics is my go-to for tracking the ROI of our social media campaigns. It’s invaluable for understanding our audience behavior and getting insights into what’s working.”
The platform is notoriously tough for beginners, but the insights are worth the slog! While the sheer depth of data can be overwhelming, the results will help you understand what’s actually driving growth.
From audience intelligence and influencer marketing to social media management tools, Brandwatch does it all. The platform is perfect for enterprises with substantial in-house resources, lending your team holistic insights into your performance and reach.
Let’s take a look at what it does:
- Real-time social listening keeps you in the loop whenever someone mentions your brand, industry, or related topics
- Conduct sentiment analysis to see how your audience really feels
- Track competitors with comprehensive benchmarking and monitor their performance
Customers say: “Brandwatch is a must-have for tracking brand sentiment. It’s given us crucial insights into how our audience perceives us, helping us develop a flexible, reactive strategy.”
Brandwatch is not a small team’s cup of tea. With a high, inflexible price, you should only consider the platform if you’ll really use all of the features. That being said, it’s a powerful tool for tracking brand sentiment online when used correctly!
SEMrush isn’t just for SEOs, anymore. An all-in-one digital marketing platform that offers a range of tools, you can optimize your online presence with social media analytics and more! Built on the pillars of posting, tracking, analysis, and inbox tools, it turns the platform into a true all-in-one marketing software.
Here’s what to know:
- Track your competitors’ social media activity and see how they’re generating results
- Track engagement, follower growth, reactions, and more with advanced analytics
- The social inbox lets you track and manage comments, DMs, and more. Never miss a DM again!
Users say: “SEMrush has streamlined our digital marketing efforts. It’s a game-changer for understanding our competition and improving our social strategies.” – Michael B.
SEMrush’s extensive features may take time to fully grasp, so make sure you’re committed before taking the plunge.
CoSchedule is a master of content and scheduling. While it lacks the advanced features of other tools, it’s a fantastic scheduling and automation platform. With an intuitive calendar and smart queue, CoSchedule empowers you to execute campaigns with ease.
Here’s the 411:
- Collaborative workflows make teamwork a breeze, whether you have two people or twenty
- Because the platform emphasizes content and scheduling, it has an unrivaled content calendar
- Automatically fill your queue with your best-performing posts
Users say: “CoSchedule is a lifesaver for keeping our marketing team organized and on track. It’s our one-stop-shop for planning and executing social media campaigns quickly and efficiently.”
CoSchedule is pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it, but it’s not great for teams looking to grow. It’s best for small teams who just need a scheduling and calendar tool to help them execute campaigns with ease!
Crush your goals faster with Later. From automating daily tasks to turning followers into customers, Later will revolutionize your socials and help you nail your brand’s vibe with efficiency and ease!
Here why you might like it:
- Visual learners will love the content calendar. Easily visualize your strategy and rearrange posts until everything is picture-perfect
- Schedule content all at once and automate posting
- Advanced analytics help you keep track of what’s working (and what’s not)
- An AI-powered caption writer empowers you to create your best content faster than ever
Users say: “Later is a must-have for any social media manager. The visual planner is a game-changer for maintaining a cohesive and engaging feed.”
Later is a great tool, but it lacks the advanced analytics and reporting capabilities of other tools. That being said, it’s a stellar option for teams of all sizes!
Sendible is the collaboration-forward, intuitive platform that your team needs. Perfect for both individuals and agencies, Sendible offers advanced scheduling, publishing, and reporting features. From growing your audience to attracting new customers, it’s a great tool no matter your goals!
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Collaboration is Sendible’s specialty, helping you simplify work with teammates and clients on a streamlined platform. From white-labeled features to collaborative post creation, you’ll be on track in no time
- Sendible is built for agencies, making multi-brand support a breeze!
- A helpful content recommendation widget inspires your next best post
Customers say: “Sendible has made team collaboration seamless and improved our social media strategies substantially. I don’t know where we would be without its time-saving collaboration abilities and data-driven insights!”
Though Sendible is a bit behind the curve in terms of advanced analytics and ad support, its core features are where it really shines! Plus, the collaboration interface really can’t be beat.
Set your engagement on fire! Crowdfire is the versatile social media management tool your team needs. Known for its automation features, Crowdfire allows you to schedule content and engage with your audience with efficiency.
Here’s what makes it special:
- Social inbox lets you reply to all your social mentions from a single dashboard
- Automatically find and recommend articles and images your audience will love, so you can share them to your socials and keep your timelines buzzing!
- RSS feed integration makes it easy to share content from your website or blog
Users say: “Crowdfire has saved me countless hours with its automation features. I can focus on creating great content while it handles the rest.”
While some users complain about the clunky interface and difficulties with multi-account management, Crowdfire is still a great tool Some users may find the automation features occasionally lead to less authentic engagement.
Loomly is one of the best tools for social media managers. With an easy-to-use interface and versatile, collaborative features, it’ll save you time at every step! If you’re looking to build your brand and reach new audiences online, Loomly could be the tool for you.
Here’s why it belongs in your tech stack:
- With intuitive approval workflows to post mockups and automated publishing, you can enjoy simple, streamlined content creation
- Helpful optimization tips will have you creating expert-tier posts in no time
- Smash your goals with advanced analytics to measure and build your success
- You can even interact with your audience directly from the platform, keeping your followers engaged with ease
Users say: “Loomly has revolutionized our team’s collaboration and streamlined our social media planning. The real-time tracking is a game-changer.”
While Loomly is great for brands, its lack of multi-brand management makes it a no-go for agencies and freelancers. Plus, some users might find the platform’s learning curve a bit steep. Regardless, if it sounds like the right fit for your brand – give it a try!
Discover the best tools for social media managers that work for you and your team!
From content creation and scheduling to audience analysis and engagement, every tool has its own unique strengths. Finding your social media soulmate is easier said than done, but hopefully you’ll be able to find a platform that’s your perfect fit. After all, a great social media manager is nothing without the right set of tools. Whether you’re looking to streamline your social media strategy, track your brand’s sentiment, or craft captivating visuals, the right platform reinvigorates your social media game!