With everything shifting online, companies and individuals now have the option to get many state-required checks and tests with just the click of a button. Chief among the checks you can get is an online police clearance.
An online police check, otherwise known as a criminal history certificate is a certificate or a document that mentions whether or not an individual matches with any person who has a criminal record of any kind. This is important for both an individual and also the company hiring.
A National Police Clearance was traditionally conducted by a local police station like the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and can be used for several reasons, including employment.
Now, modern technology from australiannationalcharactercheck.com.au enables Australians to get police checks online in a fast and secure way without the hassle of standing in line and dealing with paperwork.
Why Would You Want a Police Check?
The reasons why companies would ask for a police check or an individual may apply for one is to have a proof of clear background.
Benefits of Police Certificates for Companies
When hiring, companies are diligent on the kind of candidate it hires. Indeed, relevant skills and experience are key factors for a job post, hiring someone without any questionable behaviors or past misconduct is also quite important.
There have been many reports of employee misconduct in Australia that have put the companies in unfavorable terms with the law.
From large scale corporate fraud to small criminal activities like stolen company goods, missing cash can put a company in the crossfires of the law.
Human resources, therefore, should be at the forefront of hiring not only the right candidate for the job but also one with moral values that are aligned with company culture.
- Reduction in theft – Companies that incorporate police checks in the hiring process reduce the chances of office theft.
- Goodwill – With a workforce of trusted and law-abiding citizens, companies can improve and maintain their public image
- Providing a safe environment – Candidates with clean backgrounds turn out to be team players and create safe working environments
- Protection of company data and personnel – Companies often deal with sensitive data. These data can be protected when working with employees with moral values that match the companies.
Background screening or even a state based check like a police check Queensland, therefore, can be a quick and easy way to get official certification and a record of past behaviors of any potential candidate and/or present employees.
The small upfront cost is insignificant compared to the potential damage that can be done by a single individual both financially and to the goodwill of a company.
Incorporating online police checks in the hiring process also greatly improves the candidate pool by automatically weeding out individuals without a clean past.
This factor is even more crucial if the company regularly deals with sensitive or classified data.
Especially with modern technology enabling Australians to get police clearances online, getting secure and fast certificates on several individuals is quick and easy for the companies as well.
Benefits of Police Checks for Individuals
For someone available in the job market, background screening solidifies their application in a couple of different ways.
Police Certificates are a great way to do education verification. The employer is immediately sure that the information on your CV is 100% true. A clean background is also a good starting point when applying with any company.
In the case of a candidate looking for employment with the Commonwealth Government, police clearance is mandatory.
An online police clearance can also be made for the following:
- Various Australian Registration Schemes
How to Get a Police Certificate?
With the advancement in infrastructures, national police checks can be done online without much hassle.
The process is fluent and hassle-free. All you need to do is start the check, upload your ID and submit. You can track the progress of your application and will receive a notification when the results are published.
Here is why they are considered to be the best at what they do:
- Fast hassle-free checks – The process is fast and completely online, which means you can do it from anywhere and at anytime
- State of the art security – We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to keep all your data safe and secure
- Fast results– Our efficient online process delivers you the results just within one to three business days
- Checks available for every state of Australia – No matter where you reside in Australia, our tests are covered in every state.
- Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- New South Wales (NSW)
- Northern Territory (NT)
- Queensland (QLD)
- South Australia (SA)
- Tasmania (TAS)
- Victoria (VIC)
- Western Australia (WA)
- Paperless and no waiting in cues – You do not need to wait in long lines to get a police check. Simply log in from your mobile or computer and apply for the tests. It is paperless, effortless, and fast.
Online National Police Checks are a convenient and secure way to conduct background checks, whether for hiring purposes or individuals seeking employment. With our effortless, easy online process, your tests can be done fast and securely with just a few steps.