Social Media Marketing with a proxy helps social media managers create and use multiple accounts, avoid getting banned, unblock geo restricted content, scrape web data, test ads, and more. Proxies ensure full anonymity and are capable of extending the network to diverse countries and even different types of devices.
In this post, we’ll go through the challenges of social media marketing, what can a proxy do to solve that, and the benefits of using a proxy for social media marketing.
Table of Contents
- The Challenges with Social Media Marketing.
- What is a Proxy
- Social Media Marketing with a Proxy
- Final Words.
The Challenges with Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing (SMM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) companies manage hundreds of social media accounts simultaneously. These companies have to access different social media accounts, from platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, etc., from different clients every single day.
These companies are responsible for identifying and connecting with customers, developing opportunities, promoting products and service, maintaining relationships, research competition and market, answer questions, commenting, and the list goes on.
Although there’s nothing wrong with what an SMM or SEO company does, social media websites protect themselves and their users from certain traffic. Social Media websites use intelligence IP services (such as WAFs or CDNs) to detect traffic or signature-based behaviors coming from specific IP addresses.
These “unusual behaviors” range from excessive requests or queries coming from a single IP, possible automated comments, to suspicious activity coming from a specific country.
If a Social Media website detects this unusual activity, it will likely set the IP into monitor mode for a couple of hours or minutes, and then it will proceed to either freeze the account, or request the IP (and possibly entire blok) to be set into a blacklist, which affects connection to almost the entire Internet.
A proxy server is the solution to this problem.
What Is a Proxy?
A proxy server may run on an entire bare metal server, a virtual machine, or a simple container. The idea of using proxy servers is to separate networks, especially private and public. Proxies centralize requests and response messages and can perform some sort of function, like improving performance, security, anonymity, control, or just to simplify complex networks.
Within the context of social media marketing, proxy servers help widen the source. A proxy server changes your source IP, and sends the social media (HTTP) request using its own IP. So the more proxies and the more diverse in regards to geography and type of device, the more legitimate traffic is produced.
Social media websites protect themselves and their customers from “noisy sources” or “bot-like behavior”. The reason being: some people use black-hat or gray-hat SEO tactics to improve their standings on social media.
So, social media sites use intelligent mechanisms to detect abnormal behaviors. They can detect IPs coming from unusual places and that generate unusual traffic, such as automated commenting, and too many accounts from a single source. If social media services detect these unusual behaviors, they will likely proceed to mark the account’s messages or comments as automated spam, suspend the account, and even might blacklist the IP or the entire block of IPs.
How does a proxy help you solve this? A proxy server transforms your traffic (coming from a single source) into a varied traffic in regards to geography, type of devices, rate of requests, etc. It makes your traffic make it look more human.
Social Media Marketing with a Proxy:
The social media proxy may use rotating IPv6 addresses for each session, making them undetectable by the social media platforms. You don’t run the risk of getting your social media account suspended or IP blocked.
Using a social media proxy, such as Rapidseedbox, will not only eliminate the risk of getting your IP blocked, or getting all of your client’s social media accounts suspended, but it may also help with the following:
- Generate and use multiple social media accounts. All popular social media platforms put a limit on the number of accounts that can be generated from the singular IP address. If you crossed that limit, the social media account will likely pause the account (for further monitoring) or block the IP address.
- Target different niches. Having multiple social media accounts can help you separate marketing niches. For example, if you sell totally different types of products like shoes, computers, or software— having different social media accounts can help you market to each specific audience, without getting your IP blocked.
- Research your competition. Another benefit of using proxies for social media marketing is that you can get other social media accounts for the purpose of studying your competition, and gain an advantage.
- Web scraping. Similarly, extracting data from social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, using your same source IP, will get you banned. Web scraping with proxies, will help you extract data without getting your IP banned.
- Unblock geo-restricted content. Being connected to proxies in different countries or regions will give you access to restricted content reserved for that specific region.
- Test ads. You might be wanting to test ads in different languages and regions of the world. Proxies in different countries will give you the advantage of seeing your ads as someone would from that country.
Social media marketing is possible with a proxy. If a single account is coming from a unique IP, then it will be identified as legitimate, and it will not be flagged. If your account can be around for a long time and it is identified as “legitimate”, the social media platform will help the potential organic followers find your profile.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) businesses do not only need to manage and improve the social media standing of their customers, but they also need to protect their reputation and history.
A social media proxy, can help SMM and SEO companies manage multiple accounts from the same social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and keep their identities and their customers safe.
- A set of fresh and untouched pools of proxy IP addresses can keep SMM and SEO companies fully anonymous.
- Proxy servers can help maintain a clean reputation for the social media profiles of customers.
- The IPs of each proxy can be geographically mapped to the location of the client (the organic and normal source of traffic).
- Use a proxy to reach wider audiences without getting your IP flagged.