These days there’s no shortage of beauty products and treatments, all promising to improve your skin or overall look. While some treatments are quite invasive, the good news is that there are other simpler options to consider that aren’t surgical.
One of these options is the popular lip filler Perth residents are opting for to give themselves fuller lips, instantly affecting their look. There are many reasons why this popular cosmetic treatment is a good investment.
What are Lip Fillers?
Essentially, lip fillers, also sometimes referred to as dermal fillers, are medical injectables that specialists use to treat thin lips and lip lines. For the most part, lip fillers are hyaluronic acid and when injected into the lips it instantly increases the volume and size of your lips.
Hyaluronic acid plumps lips by trapping water from the inside to create a natural-looking, healthy pout.
Give Your Lips an Instant Makeover
If you’ve started noticing fine lines appearing on your lips, or your lips are thinning, then it may be time to consider adding a lip filler to your next beauty treatment session. Here are a few of the top reasons why.
1. Results are Natural-Looking
One of the top reasons lip fillers are so popular is that they create natural-looking results. Unlike many other beauty treatments, lip filler treatments are quite simple and don’t create extensive scarring or wounds that need to heal.
The amount of filler you need will depend on how full you want your lips to be. Your dermatologist will also be able to make the necessary recommendations based on your skin’s existing condition.
2. Results Come Quick
Lip fillers can easily be applied in about 10 minutes. Furthermore, there’s no need for a recovery period. In most cases, you’ll be able to see results within a few minutes of being applied. There’s also no need for bandages!
3. Minimal Prior Preparation Required
Many other cosmetic surgeries or procedures require an extensive amount of preparations, even a few weeks before the actual treatment. For a lip filler, the biggest preparation comes from having a consultation with your specialist or dermatologist.
4. Can be Applied in Multiple Areas
While the treatment may be labelled as a lip filler, this procedure can also be applied to other areas on your face. Essentially, these procedures can be used wherever you have fine lines. The more common areas where clients use this treatment are:
- Marionette lines (downturn mouth)
- Tear trough fillers
- Jawline & chin
- Nasolabial folds (mouth to nose lines)
5. Only Requires a Simple Discussion With Your Specialist
When you’re setting up your appointment, consider these tips to make the process as smooth as possible:
- Disclose your reasons for wanting the procedure: This will make it easier for your specialist to suggest the best treatment as well as the type and amount of lip filler.
- Discuss allergies: It’s important to discuss all the allergies you have. No matter how unrelated, being aware of your allergies will allow your specialist to consider the ingredients in your lip filler to avoid a bad reaction.
- Mention all current medications: While a lip filler is a simple procedure, the treatment can be hampered by certain medications. With this in mind, be honest about the types of medications that you’re currently taking as well as anti-biotics or prescription drugs you have taken in recent months. This will ensure that there is no adverse or allergic reaction.
- Skin conditions: Various skin conditions such as hives, rashes and eczema can also potentially affect the overall results of your treatment. This is also the case with the medications you may be using to treat these conditions. So, discuss it in depth during the consultation.
- Pregnancy: While there haven’t been any reports of adverse effects on pregnant or breastfeeding patients, it’s always recommended to mention a pregnancy to your specialist.
- Disclose previous cosmetic treatments: It’s not uncommon for some people to experiment with a range of different treatments all at once, in an effort to get the best results in the shortest possible time. This can be detrimental to your health if you don’t leave an adequate amount of time between treatments. Always be upfront with your dermatologist or specialist, no matter how insignificant you believe the prior treatment to have been.
6. Zero to Little Risk of Side Effects
The most significant ingredient in most lip fillers is hyaluronic acid. Since this is a substance that your body produces naturally, there’s usually very minimal risk of side effects or allergic reactions. Our experts also want to stress that lip fillers generally have the lowest risk of adverse effects when compared to other common cosmetic treatments.
- Affordable Option: Lip fillers offer a cost-effective way to enhance your facial features. They are more budget-friendly than surgical procedures, making them accessible to a broader range of people seeking cosmetic improvements.
- Reversible Results: Unlike surgical procedures that may have irreversible outcomes, lip fillers provide reversible results. If you’re not satisfied with the results or wish to make changes in the future, your specialist can adjust or dissolve the filler.
- Boosts Confidence: Enhancing your lips with fillers can boost self-esteem and confidence. Many individuals find that fuller lips create a more youthful and attractive appearance, leading to increased confidence in their overall look.
- Personalized Treatment: Lip fillers can be tailored to your specific desires and facial structure. Your specialist can work with you to achieve the lip volume and shape that complements your unique features and aesthetic preferences.
- Minimal Discomfort: Lip filler procedures are relatively painless, typically involving minimal discomfort. Most specialists use numbing agents to ensure a comfortable experience during the treatment.
- Quick Recovery: Recovery from lip filler injections is swift. You can return to your daily activities immediately after the procedure, with no downtime required.
- Long-Lasting Results: While not permanent, lip filler results can last for several months to a year, depending on the type of filler used. This means you can enjoy your enhanced lips for an extended period before requiring a touch-up.
- Proven Safety: Lip fillers have a proven safety record when administered by qualified professionals. Reputable clinics and dermatologists prioritize your safety throughout the procedure.
Once you see how simple this procedure actually is, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t tried it. Reduce the effects of those fine lines staring back a you in the mirror and give your confidence an instant boost!