If you own a big patio and occasionally host BBQ sessions for friends and family, then you have some big furniture adorning the entire outdoors. You have grill machines, chairs, tables, and even lounge areas in your backyard. You are not likely to use them all the time. When winter or rain approaches, you prefer staying inside and keeping a distance from the outdoor patio. Well, when you are not using any of the furniture, it is better to keep them covered from the harsh natural elements. So, it is mandatory to invest in some of the best patio furniture covers from this site.
Leaving the furniture unattended when the weather is not up to your alley will cause some serious damages to the items. If you want to enhance the longevity of the furniture, then these covers will save you a lot. You can always enhance the look of the products and keep them long lasting and as good as new with their help.
Choosing the best one:
If you search online for patio furniture covers, you will come across so many of them. Looking for the right one among the lot seems a bit too much. With so many options, you are pretty much confused. Now, they are expensive, and you don’t want the money to go down the drain. So, to avoid that, there are some tricks and tips shared by experts and cover owners. Following those points will actually help you to make the best investment over here.
Go in with the dimensions:
At first, it is vital that you order the proper covers for the patio set. You may not believe it, but people don’t usually take time to ensure that the dimensions of the cover match their furniture. It is one grave mistake you can make and might end up with pieces, which are either too small or too big for your furniture.
- Most of the time, manufacturers will create covers designed specifically for the pieces. It is always better to check the page of the manufacturer and its furniture set that you own to see if there are any differences.
- Or else, the chances are high that you will end up with the worst products. It is better to check the dimensions first.
- Sometimes, some of them can get too long and will drag on the floor, which will catch water and dirt. Avoid those one size fits all options as those are not really helpful. It will end up being more hassle for you to handle.
- Check out some of the best patio furniture covers from reliable stores, and you might end up with some special BBQ grill covers too.
- No matter whatever kind of furniture you have, they are able to cover it all for you. But for that, making the right choice related to dimension is mandatory.
The best one is the waterproof version of these covers:
Most of the covers claim to be waterproof, but they are just capable of withstanding light drizzle at their best. So, you need to focus on the vinyl patio furniture cover, which will allow the water beads to just roll off the cover. It helps in keeping the furniture dry and nice most of the time.
Not only that, but it will protect furniture from debris and dust and won’t leave those ugly prints on clothes. Always be careful that trapping moisture inside the cover can sometimes lead to fungi growth. So, keep these points in mind before going for the next stages of purchasing covers for the patio furniture.
Go for the breathable designs:
Well, this is not new to state that moisture laden fabric is enough to invite mildew, fungi, and mold formation. If you don’t want any of that, then it is better to opt for fabrics with breathable designs for the outdoor furniture covers.
- These covers, in particular, will have vents built right into them. It will allow the air to circulate between furniture.
- Without the help of these vents, the furniture can and will start to develop mold and mildew.
- If this has happened to you before, you need to learn the ways to remove mold and mildew from the furniture first, get it cleaned, and then cover it up with breathable covers.
- Some of the companies will often advertise their special breathable materials. The only issue is that they will also allow the water to pass through, therefore giving up on some of the weather-proof qualities.
These products are great for outdoor furniture but only if you have that furniture under a covered place. Otherwise, going for the water-proof fabric seems to be a nice choice. For waterproof covers, you can do one thing. When the storm is done and dusted, and you see sun rays peeking through the cloud, remove the covers from the furniture and let the products soak in some warm sun rays. It will keep the moisture or moist levels down and maintain the longevity of the furniture as well.
Go in with the soft cloth backing:
It is mandatory for you to head towards the furniture cover that will have a soft cloth backing, which will not scratch or rub the finish of your chosen furniture. It is one important factor to consider if you own stained wooden furniture.
After it sits on the patio deck for an entire season, the covers will rub away the paint or the finish coatings. It will leave some of the unsightly spots. To avoid that, purchase the covers that will have soft cloth backing.
Choose the best team for help:
Make sure to check out all the features and the brands selling those before making the right choice. You have to set a price for the same as well and make sure to stay within that rate only. In the end, you will end up with the best covers for your patio furniture in no time.