Have you wondered why some kids do well in sporting activities, some better at math, while others better at singing, drawing, or writing? The answer appears easy: each kid has his/her very own intelligence and talent, which she or he develops at her or his own pace as well as in a manner that is different from others.
This is the conclusion given by Howard Gardner, a neuropsychologist and instructor from Harvard University in his publication Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
What is intelligence?
Let’s see 20 famous quotes about intelligence collected by Reneturrek.com first for awareness.
- The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. –F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. –Walter H. Cottingham
- The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence. –Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Intelligence is the quickness in seeing things as they are. –George Santayana
- All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again. –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of society only because their intelligence isn’t understood. –Wei Hui
- Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant. –Hugo Quotes
- There is no such thing as Intelligence; one has intelligence of this or that. One must have intelligence only for what one is doing. –Edgar Degas
- The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control their emotions by the application of reason. –Marya Mannes
- Intelligence is of the mind, understanding is of the heart, wisdom is of the soul. –Matshona Dhliwayo
- Intelligence is like underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it off.
- Intelligence is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. –Susan Sontag
- The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
- True intelligence does not derive from thought. True intelligence uses thought. –Adyashanti
- There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder. –Ronald Reagan
- Intelligence in the service of poor instinct is really dangerous. –Gloria Steinem
- It is true intelligence for a man to take a subject that is mysterious and great in itself and to unfold and simplify it so that a child can understand it. –John Taylor
- Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection. –Victor Hugo
- The intelligence of the lower forms of animal life, like a great deal of human intelligence, does not involve a self. –George H Mead
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. –Albert Einstein
Gardner suggests that each child evolves with his/her own needs. Hence, a child who does display passion in language, for instance, might have fantastic ability in the field of mathematics and spatial intelligence.
A children’s training program called Star Camp at Iberostar takes Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences as its beginning point.
The purpose of Star Camp is that, during your following family members vacation, and also through more than 140 activities, the youngest in the family can develop their talents, have fun and at the same time learn values such as variety, fun as an attitude towards life, respect for the environment or the development of a technical understanding, among others.
8 types of Intelligence
The study carried out identifies the presence of locations in the human mind that correspond to specific areas of knowledge, all of which stand out and relatively independent of each other. Here are the eight types of intelligence described one by one.
1. Logical-mathematical Intelligence
Their analytic ability is extremely striking as well as is usually pertaining to a type of non-verbal intelligence, i.e. they can recognize the response to certain trouble long prior to they verbalize it.
Kids with this kind of knowledge are proficient at addressing mysteries or mind teasers, doing challenges, logic exercises, counting or doing estimations, computer system troubles and playing technique games.
2. Linguistic Intelligence
Kids with this sort of intelligence are knowledgeable and also have preferences for tasks such as reading, chatting, informing stories and also jokes, creating poems, finding out languages and playing word games.
3. Spatial Intelligence
This kind of intelligence shows patterns that show the child’s capacity to believe in 3 measurements. People who establish spatial intelligence are proficient at fixing spatial troubles such as drawing and also painting, reading maps, considering images, fixing labyrinths, or playing building and construction video games.
4. Music Intelligence
It is regular of kids with an innate ability to discover different sounds, which converts right into a fantastic capability to sing, listen to music, play tools, compose tunes, take pleasure in concerts and follow different rhythms. This type of intelligence might see off-key notes that others do not as well as can easily memorize songs and songs.
5. Bodily-kinesthetic Intelligence
It is the capacity to use the whole body in the expression of suggestions and feelings, and the facility in the use of the hands to transform components.
Children who reveal kinesthetic intelligence are good at dance, acting, imitating gestures or expressions, playing sports, running, moving as well as jumping.
6. Intrapersonal Intelligence
It identifies those that understand themselves best. These kids like to work independently, set goals and also focus on attaining them, comprehend their feelings and also recognize their strong and also weak points.
7. Interpersonal Intelligence
Rather than intrapersonal intelligence, it prevails amongst kids that are proficient at talking, working in teams, assisting others, mediating problems and also fulfilling brand-new people.
8. Naturalistic Intelligence
Related to the attraction towards ecological concerns, plants and also pets. Individuals with this kind of intelligence delight in doing tasks such as camping, hiking, caring for animals, learning about nature, recycling as well as taking care of the atmosphere.