Sooner or later everyone comes to such a great feature on Instagram as stories. These are short videos in which you can introduce your followers to your surroundings, as well as promote a product.
Before shooting such “short films” any user thinks: how many seconds are the storis in Instagram? Is there enough time to present your idea to your profile readers? Stay tuned, we’ll figure it out together.
Allowed time for one story
So, still, how many seconds a story lasts on Instagram? The system of this social network creates limits on the duration for each video. First of all, it is necessary for the convenience of followers. After all, what subscriber likes to watch three-hour “movies” of his idol.
One stopovers can go up to 15 seconds. “And how do you fit it in?” – you ask. The developers went ahead and increased the limit to 60 seconds, but with one correction. Read about it in the next section.
You can increase the reach and views of stories on Instagram, as well as other activity – subscribers, likes – all you have to do is visit https://lowcostsmm.com.
Making a story out of a big video
If the video you want to upload is over a quarter of a minute long, do the following:
- Open any video editor.
- Add the desired material.
- Divide it into mini trailers of 15 seconds each. The total duration of the clips should not exceed 60 seconds.
- Save the result.
- Launch the Instagram app on your gadget.
- Log in to your account. Use your username (nickname/email/mobile phone number) and password.
- Swipe the screen from left to right and switch to the storis montage mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom and select the 15-second mini-shots in the gallery.
- Edit them with filters if you need to.
- Review the result and click the “Next” button.
- Decide on the category of subscribers to whom your one-minute video will be available.
- Click Share.
Done. Your story is now displayed in the feed section at the very top of the screen.
FYI. To select multiple files from the gallery, pinch one and check the checkboxes on the rest.
Can I repost videos longer than one minute?
In stopovers, videos should not be longer than 60 seconds. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to go beyond that limit yet. The developers have no plans to increase the limit in the near future.
However, if you still can’t do without a long video, here’s a note for you:
- The permissible length of a video file on IGTV is up to 10-15 minutes;
- allowable length of video file in general feed posts is up to 1 minute.
Good to know. You may post several “short ones” of 60 seconds each in different posts in the general feed.
Do not forget about the live feed, which, in total, lasts up to 1 hour.
How to increase the length of storizas
But what about on Instagram and without tricks? There are a couple of tricks that can show your followers the right time-lapse video. There are three ways to do this.
- Sign in to the Instagram app.
- Open Story Capture mode. To do this, you’ll need to swipe the screen from left to right.
- Add a link to your IGTV long-form video in the text.
- Go back into storis shooting mode.
- Post one story.
- Go back to shooting mode.
- Add a second story.
- Go into the Insta program and log in with your username and password.
- Tap the “person” icon on the bottom menu.
- Select the post in the feed with the appropriate video and open it.
- Click on the “paper airplane” icon and “Add Post to Stories.
- Confirm the posting.
How long will it take for the story to be deleted?
As a rule, a story will be stored in the feeds of your followers for exactly 1 day, i.e. 24 hours. Then the system will simply delete them. This is done to avoid server overload and to constantly update the content.
But there are also a couple of tricks that will allow your video stories to please your readers longer. They’re perfectly simple and perfectly legal.
Extending the shelf life of stories
To extend the shelf life of stories on your profile, again, you can go several ways.
- Open the Instagram app and log in.
- Switch to story mode.
- Tap on the “gear” located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Check the “Save to Archive” box. You can also optionally “Save to gallery.
- Wait for the clip to be deleted after 24 hours.
- Publish the saved content again.
- In the main menu, select the “person” icon.
- Find the “Current” column and click the plus sign.
- Place a check mark on the appropriate stopis.
As a side note. To delete a video from “Actual”, you need to open the story itself and click on “three dots” (menu). Then it remains to select “Delete” and you’re done.
For business accounts
For owners of professional accounts or profiles for marketing it will be useful to know some interesting tips related to stories. Namely:
- On your account page (the “person” icon), you can open “Settings” – “Statistics”. Scroll down to “Stories” and see detailed information about the views of your video stories, etc.
- Under “Statistics” and the “Audience” tab, you’ll be able to see information about your subscribers and take note of that. For example, that most people go online on Saturday nights. Accordingly, it is better to post new posts at this time.
Here we have found out how many seconds a story is in Instagram. It’s worth keeping this in mind to make everything better. After all, a video cut off “not in time” will not please very many people.