Home insurance is often associated with a mortgage in Canada, but it is partly true. Despite owning a mortgage-free house, having some kind of home insurance is vital to protect your finances from uncontrolled hazards such as fire, theft, or flood.
Skyrocketing home insurance rates keep people away from purchasing coverage for their property. However, it is not always the case when you work with a reliable insurance provider. For instance, Surex lets you compare and get affordable home insurance quotes from more than the top 10 insurance companies in Canada.
Continue reading to learn how to find affordable, high-quality insurance quotes in Canada:
How to get affordable home insurance quotes in Canada with Surex
With Surex, you can get affordable home insurance quotes without following a lengthy process that you usually would with an agent. Surprisingly, it takes less than 5 minutes to get highly personalized quotes from 10 insurance companies at once. You can easily compare the quotes or team up with an insurance advisor to choose the best coverage.
Follow the steps to get personalized home insurance quotes from Surex.
- Share your personal and property details. Factors such as the type of house property, its age, and location influence the premiums.
- Select the type of home insurance coverage as per your needs and budget. You can choose from basic, broad, and comprehensive home insurance. Out of all, comprehensive home insurance is the most inclusive one. But, the more coverage you get, the more you have to pay for premiums.
- Get quotes from more than ten reliable insurance companies in Canada.
- Compare the quotes and choose one that offers maximum coverage at affordable rates. In case of any difficulty, you can consult a licensed insurance advisor from Surex.
- Buy and save.
Although there is no one size fits all home insurance plan, consider buying a home insurance policy that covers the following aspects for complete peace of mind.
Covers the structure of the house, including the roof and other detached structures like a storage shed, against insured risks like theft, fire, hail, or flood.
Covers loss or damage to belongings like furniture, clothing, and other personal property inside your house. Consider this coverage if you keep valuable possessions such as jewelry or silverware inside your house.
After a disaster hits your house, you need to find a temporary shelter while repairs are being made. This coverage helps to cover expenses of temporary stays like a hotel room or hiring of the storage unit.
If anybody gets accidentally injured on your property or you cause bodily injuries and damages to other property, you may have to face legal penalties. Liability coverage helps you cover legal costs involved and penalties if any.
Tips to get affordable home insurance quotes in Canada with Surex
1. Bundle your home and car insurance policies
Surex offers an impressive discount of up to 15% on bundling car and home insurance. The good news is you get discounts on both car and home insurance in one go.
2. Compare quotes
Undoubtedly, shopping around to compare quotes is a time-tested way of saving a lot on home insurance rates. However, here is great news for you. You no longer have to run around to compare quotes offered by different companies.
Instead, there are reputed insurance providers in Canada offering a one-stop destination where you can compare quotes from different companies. So, this is a great way to save on insurance rates.
3. Install anti-theft features
Another great way to get a discount on home insurance rates is by installing anti-theft systems such as self-monitored security cameras or fire alarms.
Houses equipped with advanced anti-theft features are considered safer. So, the insurance providers offer such homeowners lower home insurance premiums as a reward. So, install anti-theft features and inform your insurer about the same to get discounts.
4. Pay a higher deductible
When you aim to save on home insurance premiums, you must choose to pay a higher deductible. It is an easy and fast method to cut down on monthly premiums.
However, when any damage is met to the house, you are required to pay a higher deductible to cover the damage. Therefore, keep in mind to save a good amount to meet such expenses in the future.
5. Update, upgrade, maintain and replace
Another proven way to save on home insurance rates is by taking care of your house and being claims-free. You need to update, upgrade, maintain, and replace the following to take care of your house:
- Clean dryer vents and lint traps at regular intervals.
- Prune surrounding trees regularly to prevent them from overhanging your house.
- Clean the guttering system in the spring and fall seasons.
- Buy and install water sensors to prevent water damage as it alerts you when there is a leak or install a sump pump- it comes with a backup battery and alarm.
- Inspect roofs and shingles regularly to ensure they are in sound condition.
- Get the chimney swept in the spring and fall seasons.
- Safeguard your house from extreme winter weather.
Discounts on home insurance offered by Surex
Surex offers a comprehensive list of discounts for affordable home insurance rates in Canada. The list of some of the discounts include:
- Loyalty discount
- Renewal discount
- Age discount
- Sewer back-up discount
- Claims-free discount
- Occupation discount
- Household discount
- Multi-line discount
- New business discount
- Bundle discount
- Credit discount
- Mortgage-free discount
- Alarm discount
- Smoke-free discount
How to get affordable home insurance quotes in Canada — Endnote
Despite numerous benefits, home insurance remains an additional financial liability. Generally, people feel insecure about overpaying and not getting sufficient coverage at the right price. However, you just need the right insurance professional to help you out. Surex takes away this worry by letting their users compare quotes from different home insurance providers in Canada, which too free of cost.
All insurance quotes are highly personalized and competitively priced. Furthermore, you can easily select, buy, and save the right coverage for yourself or consult one of their licensed insurance experts.