4 Tips for Getting Rid of Black Mold Naturally

0
Source: maids

Black mold is a type of micro fungus that can usually be found in various building materials such as wood, fiberboards, paper, and basically anything that has high cellulose content. It can also be found in green or in soil, but that is not that serious of a problem for people. The problem with black mold is the fact that it is very toxic and that it can grow in your home. It doesn’t matter if you live in a house or on the top floor of some building, it can thrive anywhere as long there are high levels of moisture.

This type of mold can easily be brought into your home. The spores of this microfungus are so tiny, they can easily travel through the air or attach to your body or even on your clothes. Just stepping into a soil that’s rich with the spores, you can easily bring them to your home.

However, even though the spores are all around us, that does not mean that you have black mold in your house. The microfungus requires a lot of moisture, so if you do not have high moisture levels in your home then you probably won’t have a problem with black mold.

Unfortunately, if it does start to grow in your home that can be a serious issue and you should immediately take care of it. The longer you leave it to grow, the more it will spread and it will be worse for your health. So, assuming that you want your family to feel safe and to stay healthy, you should get rid of it.

To help you get rid of it, we have made this simple guide with several tips that you will find useful.

1. Vinegar

Source: youtube

Vinegar has been proven to be one of the most effective killers of black mold. Not only is vinegar rich with antibacterial properties, but it can also be found in almost any household. Have you ever been to a friend’s house who doesn’t have vinegar? No, probably not.

So, what you will need to do is pretty simple. I would recommend getting a spray bottle and then fill it up with vinegar. Some people would say that you need to mix it with a bit of water, but for the best possible effectiveness, I would recommend keeping it vinegar only.

Grab the bottle and spray on the walls and other locations where you’ve seen black mold growing. Make sure you keep the spray bottle on the messed setting instead of the regular spray because too much vinegar may ruin the paint of your walls. Once you have applied it everywhere, you should leave it for a couple of hours to do his job. I would recommend going out grocery shopping or going to work because when you come back most of the microfungus should be gone.

You could also spray around the mold to prevent it from spreading in different locations.

2. Call the professional help

Source: homeguide

Not every person has the free time to deal with this kind of problem and finding the right ingredients can be a bit tricky. Sure, vinegar might work, but it won’t work for everyone. If you find yourself in a position where you do not have enough time to deal with the black mold in your home, you should consider hiring professional services that will easily do with it with the right tools and ingredients.

Of course, this is going to cost you a little bit more than just buying a single vinegar bottle, but at least you will know that the microfungus is completely gone and your family safe from any kind of toxic spores or hazards.

The chemicals most professional services use can be a bit strong which means you have to leave your house for a couple of hours until all of the mold is gone and the chemicals evaporate. It won’t take more than two or three hours, don’t worry. If you’re having trouble finding professional services for mold testing and removal in Honolulu and the island of Oahu, you should check out oahumold.com

3. Hydrogen peroxide

Source: homelight

This is another product that can be found in almost any other household, even if you do not have it you can easily buy it from any supermarket or hardware store. It is much more effective at killing bacteria, viruses, and fungus then vinegar, so if that didn’t work out for you should definitely consider getting hydrogen peroxide.

It can be used basically the same way as vinegar. All you need is just one spray bottle and that’s about it. For three or four centration hydrogen peroxide into the bottle and spray it on all the more the services around your home. Living on for 10 or maybe 15 minutes and then come back with a clean rag and start wiping. Don’t use too much force, but still you should get a good scrub. Pour out the rest of the hydrogen peroxide and fill the spray bottle with just water. Spray a bit of the water onto the more that services and then wipe down final with the clean, dry towel.

4. Baking soda

Source: maids

This is the third ingredient that you can easily find in your home. You probably have a couple of bags of baking soda, so you won’t have to run to the store to get it.

You’ll need to put a bit more effort to prepare it before applying it to the molded areas, but it’s still quite simple. Get a small bottle or a cup and fill it with water. You’ll want the cup to be half-full and then pour some baking soda in it. Start mixing until it turns into a paste-like substance. Grab a towel, a rag, or maybe even a toothbrush and put some of the mixtures onto it. Then use the towel or whatever you got and start scrubbing the walls riddled with black mold.

To finish up, put one or 2 teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with water. Add this to the spray bottle and then spray it on the surfaces with black mold. Give it a final wipe down with a clean towel and you’re done.

By using any of these methods we mentioned above, you will surely get paid on that nasty black mold that is endangering the lives of your family and yourself.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

What is 4 + 4 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)