For those of you who are business owners, adding lunch catering facilities to your employees might be just what your company needs to improve your employee’s productivity.
With their workload and business, it is not rare for employees to sacrifice their lunch hours just to work on their deadlines. They might not have the time to prepare lunch or go out to buy some food. This is definitely not a good habit to maintain. Aside from it will be dangerous for the employee’s health, it will also disrupt their productivity and affect the work quality.
No matter what the situation is, keep in mind that everyone’s body still needs energy through the food they consume. These are the reasons why providing lunch is important and why you should choose healthy catering for your employees.
Things that might happen if employees skip their lunch
Not having time to make lunch at the office is not an excuse for employees to not have lunch. If there is a lunch provided by the employees, it will make it easier for them to eat every day despite their business. Their time will also be better managed because they don’t have to spend time back and forth to travel and purchase lunch. They just can eat what the company provides. It will help them to save time, money, and energy.
Skipping lunch can make the employee feel headache and dizzy
A long and tiring day working, on top of skipping lunch, can make employees experience headaches. Headaches due to hunger occur due to a decrease in blood sugar levels that are more than usual. Usually, when your blood sugar level is low, you will feel shaking and dizziness sweep you, on top of having a headache. This might trigger migraines or tension headaches in some people. Tension headaches usually cause the following symptoms.
- Dull or pressing pain
- The Head area feels tight
- A feeling of pressure on the front or side of the head
- Tension in the neck and shoulders
You don’t want employees’ work to be disrupted due to headaches because they missed their meal times, right?
Decrease employee’s focus and capability
Food helps the organs work on their functions, thus it will also help to make sure our brain works better. Therefore proper food intake will help employees to focus and get the job well done. On the contrary, if employees don’t have the sustenance they need, it will make it harder for them to maintain their focus, and thus their work quality will be decreasing.
According to research from Nature Reviews Neuroscience, food is important for improving brain function. To help our brain to be able to stay focused more and process information while working.
Employees appear weak and lack energy
Food that enters the body means a lot to increase energy. Like a car, our bodies need fuel to get back to work. High content of complex carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats is characteristic of energy-boosting foods. By including it in your daily catering menu, you can help employees to always be in good stamina to carry out daily activities, even with lots of workloads and deadlines.
Employees who look weak and lacking in energy will be demotivated to work at their best. They won’t have any energy in them to think about what they can do to improve themselves, and their work quality.
Benefits of Food Catering for Your Company
Food is one of the most important elements of any company gathering and having a reliable catering partner can help to ensure that your event goes off without a hitch. By outsourcing the food requirements for your corporate event, you can enjoy multiple benefits.
- Time Savings: When you hire an experienced caterer they are able to efficiently meet all of your requirements in a timely manner, ensuring quality meals at every event. This can help you save time and energy that would otherwise be spent on sourcing ingredients, preparing food and managing catering staff.
- Stress Reduction: Letting someone else take care of the food-related details for your event means one less thing for you to worry about! You can instead focus on other aspects such as networking and providing excellent customer service to guests.
- Variety: Experienced caterers have access to the best seasonal ingredients and culinary trends which means that your company will be able to offer its guests a variety of custom menus and dishes. Many caterings also offer different cuisines or alternative diets if necessary, so everyone attending will be able to find something they enjoy eating.
- Cost Savings: Outsourcing your catering needs saves money in several ways, including not having to purchase equipment or supplies we would otherwise need just for one event; no waste; no staff payroll; no transportation costs; and discounted rates from experienced caterers who know what they are doing and how to get it done right the first time – saving businesses both time & money in the process!
5 . Impress Guests: People’s standards when it comes to quality have grown exponentially over recent years – if you want to make sure that everyone leaves feeling impressed with what was served, then leave it up to an experienced catering outfit who knows best when it comes providing delicious dishes!
If you want to improve the work condition in your company and avoid the things that we have listed down above, hiring a healthy caterer service can be very beneficial. Healthy caterers will also provide the dose of the nutrition employees need to get. Which contain macronutrients (carbohydrates, protein, fat, fiber, water) and micronutrients (various minerals and vitamins). Besides being practical, ordering healthy catering also improves eating habits for employees who often go past lunch hours.
Aside from lunch, you should also stock up on some bulk water bottles and put them around the office to help employees be able to take one whenever they feel thirsty. Water is also important as food, thus ensuring employees do not get dehydrated is equally as important. You can purchase water with a free water bottle label template, and design the label with your company name and logo. This can also be a way to promote your company because nowadays exposing positive work culture is the “new” way to market your business as a whole.