Flowers are a great way to decorate any room. They bring a certain warmth and tone to your space. Whether one is decorating their home or trying to make a bold statement, it’s important to select the best flowers to match the mood of your living room. In this article, we’ll explore different types of plants that might work in your living room and how you can use them.
What are some flowers to use for living room decoration?
Some flowers to consider for living room decoration are Daisies, Gerberas, Dianthus, Astilbe, Orchids, and many others that you can find on CountryGreenery. They can be placed in a vase or bowl and used as a centerpiece or in a grouping on the coffee table.
- Daisy: Daisy plants are small and easy to care for, making them a great option for beginners. They come in a variety of colors, including white and pink, and their blooms will last for several weeks.
- Gerbera daisy: Gerberas come in a wide range of colors, from light pink to deep purple. They also have long bloom periods, lasting up to two months.
- Dianthus: Dianthus is a type of flower that’s typically used in formal settings, such as weddings and events. Their petals are long and narrow, giving them an elegant appearance. If your living room is elegant, this is the right choice.
- Astilbe: Astilbes are lovely perennial options that come in a variety of colors, including blue, green, and white. They also have long-lasting flowers that look amazing when they’re in full bloom.
- Pelargonium: Pelargoniums are one of the most popular choices for living areas because of their striking flower blooms. They come in a variety of colors, including pink, purple, and blue, and their blossom lasts for up to six weeks.
- Orchids: Orchids are one of the most popular choices because of their striking flowers and long bloom periods. They come in a variety of colors, including white, yellow, and green, and their flowers last for up to eight weeks.
Plants in containers
If you want to add some greenery to your living room without fussing with a garden, try using plants in containers. You can find a variety of appropriate plants at most garden stores or online, and they don’t require much care. Water them regularly – typically once a week – and fertilize them when necessary. Here are five plants that will help add personality to any living room:
- Ficus Benjamina: This hardy tree is popular for its big leaves and glossy bark. It makes an elegant addition to any space and can grow up to 12 feet tall.
- Philodendron: Another tough plant, the philodendron is perfect for living rooms because it doesn’t need a lot of light. It has broad leaves and a long stem, making it ideal for covering a wall or standing upright on a table.
- Ginger: If you’re looking for something spicy, ginger is the perfect option. It’s small (around 2 feet tall) so it won’t take up too much space, but its large root system means it will continue to grow even when you forget to water it.
- Peace lily: This graceful flower is popular for its soft, peachy petals. It’s a great addition to any room because it doesn’t require a lot of care – just water once a week and fertilize as needed.
- Spider plant: If you’re looking for an interesting plant that won’t take up too much space, try the spider plant. It has long, thin roots that spread outwards, making it perfect for filling up a corner or sitting in a pot on your coffee table.
Tips for Selecting Flowers for Your Living Room
If you’re looking to add a little color and life to your living space, selecting flowers is a great way to go. Here are some tips for choosing flowers for your living room:
-Start with the centerpiece. This is typically where you’ll place the biggest and most important flowers. Choose flowers that will look good together and coordinate with the other decor in the room.
-Consider color. If you have a dark living room, consider lighting up the look with flowers in lighter colors such as whites or pinks. If you have a bright living room, consider darker colors like blues or purples.
-Think texture. Some flowers have interesting textures, like petals that are fuzzy or leave that are pliable. Consider adding these types of flowers to your centerpiece or other focal points in the room.
Tips for keeping plants alive
One of the most important things to keep in mind when decorating a living room is to make sure that the plants you choose are able to handle the room’s climate. If you live in a warm climate, you can choose plants that thrive in warm weather, such as palms or succulents. If you live in a cold climate, you’ll want to consider plants that can tolerate colder temperatures, such as ferns or hardy gerbera daisies.
If you have limited space, consider using smaller plants or bringing in artificial plants. Many people also find that adding flowering pots or planters to their living rooms adds a touch of beauty and freshness. It’s also important to note that plants need light and water to grow, so be sure to give them the proper amount of both.
Flowers are one of the most popular room decoration options because they add color, freshness, and life to any space. When picking flowers for a living room, it is important to consider their size and whether or not they will fit within the decor. Additionally, think about what type of flower would be best suited for your living room and whether you have an existing plant that can be used as a base. Once you have gathered all of your information, make your selection and enjoy the beautiful flowers in your living room! Ultimately, the rule is that there are no rules.