As the pandemic looms menacingly over the world, millions of people have found themselves out of jobs. This has made job seeking very difficult across the world. However, if you know what to look for, and more importantly, where to look for, you have a better chance of securing a job. Job-seeking sites such as Jobs Fuel are usually the way to go.
It always advised talking with an accountant especially when moving abroad for more than 3 months, and when you are receiving income from your home country.
If you are looking for a professional English-speaking accountant in Italy you may consider contacting Accountingbolla.
Top 10 Websites:
There are various websites that can help you in finding a job in Italy in 2023. However, some of those websites are better than others because of the quality, quantity, and diversity of the jobs posted on the site. Here are some of the best ones:
1. Glassdoor Italy: This website offers an insight into the companies offering you jobs. You can put any city in Italy or Italy itself as your location.
2. Banca Lavoro Jobs: Unlike quite a few of the sites mentioned in this list, Banca Lavoro is a website that is a Job board focused entirely on Italians. This is why it offers a variety of listings and offices that have vacancies for anyone who is finding a job in Italy in 2023.
3. Stepstone Jobs Italy: This website is excellent for finding local jobs in your area.
4. Indeed Italy: This website has a lot of jobs targeted at the general Italian population. It is majorly, if not specifically, used by employers and job seekers who are Italian.
5. Monster Italy: Monster Jobs is a worldwide portal for jobs and is highly efficient at doing so. However, you can go to Monster.it for accessing the Italian version and proceed with your task of finding a job in Italy in 2023.
6. Craigslist Milan: Like monster jobs, craigslist is a worldwide portal. While it has a lot of categories other than jobs, it still has a collection of some of the best listings nearby you. Actually, you will be able to find a subdomain for every Italian city.
7. Jobs in Milan: The name of this website is descriptive enough. If you are seeking a job in Milan, this website is one of the best to go to.
8. CareerJet Italy: Another portal that operates globally has a separate section for jobs in Italy. All you have to provide is the city of your preference.
9. The Local Italy: Italy is not a country that speaks English entirely. Hence, a lot of people find communication with their employers or employees difficult. This website helps people who are looking for jobs in Italy that support English speakers.
10. Jobbio: Jobbio has had tremendous success in uniting job hunters with preferred listings. It has been in the business for years and is still one of the top websites to go to for finding a job in Italy in 2023.
Things to Be Careful about:
As we said, mass unemployment has made job hunting difficult for a lot of people. Hence, you need to be careful about a lot of stuff while finding a job in Italy in 2023.
Revealing Personal Information: You need to be extremely careful of the amount of information you give in your resume. Apart from the obvious security risks that doing such a thing generates, your personal information should never play any role in you getting a job. You are only obligated to furnish the papers the employer asks for.
Privacy Information when searching Online: We have mentioned a lot of websites where you can hunt for jobs easily. These websites are trustworthy and have a wide range of listings and offices. However, not all websites are like this. Should you choose to go to any other website, make sure that you check their privacy policies otherwise one or more third parties may end up with your sensitive information.
Your Social Media Accounts: This is something that is a new-age problem, and definitely a problem you will face while finding a job in Italy in 2023. Clean up your social media accounts or make them inaccessible to others when hunting for jobs. This is because you may have put up posts of controversial views or opinions, or just posts that may not reflect well on your work ethics. It’s just not a good idea to have any such thing online and available for the public eye.
The Income Tax: This point is mainly for any foreigners who wish to work in Italy. Like any other country, Italy has its own set of laws that determine how much income tax is to be paid to the country. And like any other country, they are quite convoluted in their meaning with a lot of different tax slabs.
Be sure that you know everything from your gross to net salary so that you do not accidentally commit a crime.
Do your research: As soon as you get an interview for a company, make sure you do all your homework about them: their past projects, their present projects, their work culture, any information about their preferences that you may find online, their policies safeguarding their employees, their privacy measures, and anything else that you think is relevant.
Questions to Ask the Employer:
In an interview, it’s not just the interviewer who will ask the questions. You need to ask some questions before you take up the job too. While some of these are very basic and are bound to come up during the discussion, some of these may be less obvious. However, all of them are equally important.
- What are my daily responsibilities?
- What are the working hours that this job requires?
- Am I being employed via a contract or am I being offered a freelancing collaboration?
- Who is the person that I will be working with the most?
- What are the possible opportunities for development and progress in my role?
- What do you (the interviewer) like the most about the company?
- What are the most prominent challenges that a person performing my role can face?
- What are the major indicators that my performance will be measured by?
Job hunting is never an easy process. However, with the right ammunition and a lot of preparation, you can find a job faster and more easily than most other people. All you need to do is have an ideal resume and follow the tips and tricks that we have shared above.