If you want to get lean and thin as well as stay fit and healthy, you will need to follow a strategic plan right from what you eat, when you sleep and especially how your workout. All these three go together to give you a beautiful body, free from diseases and full of energy. What’s more, you can even add to your life.
This complete guide will teach you how exactly you need to plan your moves, workouts as well as your lifestyle, especially your diet. That will ensure that you do not pinch on the areas that you want to be gone but slay it once and for all, with effective workouts and by leading a healthy lifestyle.
- First, focus on your calorie intake — this one of the most significant factors that you should consider to be lean and stay healthy. You will be able to take on any workouts appropriate for your body to keep fit and healthy. The general rule to follow to take calories enough is your bodyweight X 10.
- Second, drop the carbs, but you do not have to eliminate them. The idea here is to cut down on sugar intake. That means you will need to cut down cakes, candies, pies, and even fruits. Other things to cut down include potatoes, pasta, and some veggies, and of course, rice and bread.
Research more on your food intake from the internet or consult your dietician to prepare a proper diet list.
Consider your BMR
When you consult a doctor, a dietician, a physical trainer, or even female beauty-related sites such as babeappeal.com or others, you will find that all of them are concerned about the BMR or Basic Calorie Rate. When you make a diet plan, it is better to consider your BMR first. That will ensure that you create the right diet plan. Your BMR will tell you the number of calories required by your body daily to sustain.
You can use the Harris-Benedict Formula to find out your total caloric needs. The different calculations are:
- For sedentary people with little or no exercise: BMR x 1.2
- For lightly active people doing light and easy task for a couple of days a week: BMR x 1.375
- Moderately active people working out 3 to 5 days a week: BMR x 1.55
- For very busy people doing laborious exercise for almost the whole week: BMR x 1.725 and
- For extremely busy people involved in sports and other physical jobs: BMR x 1.9.
According to your BMR, you will need proper supplementation as well to enhance your performance, improve endurance level, and increase strength capacity. These will fill in the nutrition deficiencies, if any. When it comes to supplements consider this:
- A good protein powder pack
- An excellent multivitamin to cover the bases
- Vitamin D
- Fish oil
- Extra Calcium
- Amino Acids
- A post-workout recovery powder.
All these, when taken together and followed adequately, will make your workout effective and make you feel less stressed and fatigued.
Planning the workout
Next, you should expect your exercises correctly. That should include cardio, which is quick and easy to tone every muscle in your body as well as keep your heart functional and healthy. Also, include High-Intensity Interval Training, which is good to burn calories. Alternatively, you can workout programs like the Warrior Babe Blueprint from warriorbabe.com so you can have a great head start in your routine. Design your plan dividing into different circuits as follows, and you will not fail, ever:
- Circuit 1: 50 seconds burpees and 50 seconds jump squats with 10 seconds rest in between the two and after. Repeat it four times.
- Circuit 2: 30 seconds each of push-ups, butt kicks, left side plank pulses, high knees, push-ups, jumping jacks, right side plank pulses, butt kicks precisely in that order. Repeat it twice with a minute’s rest in between.
If you love to run, then after a quick warm up tries 2-minute running at 65% speed, 30 sec with 90% speed, and a minute of bodyweight exercise of your choice. Repeat this six times for the best results.
If you want to increase muscle mass, you may also visit a gym once or twice a week and do some heavy lifting. That will not make you bulky due to your low testosterone level but will increase your metabolism to melt the fat quickly.
Follow the exercise guidelines
Apart from eating right, you will need to follow different types of exercise in your regimen if you want to have a perfectly toned body and muscles. According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, it is advisable that:
- You get moderate-intensity aerobic exercise for at least 150 minutes a week
- You include strength-training activities for at least two days a week
- You do cardio exercise for at least 300 minutes a week of moderate-intensity or 150 minutes if it involves vigorous-intensity training and
You must also do HIT for two days a week. All these together will make your body lean and extremely active.
Create a few sub-goals
Apart from the primary goals of your workout and nutrition, it would be best if you also created some sub-goals. That will help you to achieve your goal more effectively and successfully. These goals include but are not limited to:
- Sticking to your regular strength training programs
- Building your running up to a decent level
- Eating lightly and timely and
- Sleeping well and on time.
It would help if you also stay accountable to yourself. Follow a training and eating log to ensure perfection.
Mistakes to avoid
Most women make some common mistakes when they try to get lean. These are the mistakes that you should definitely avoid.
- Do not train fasted as that will not burn but hold on your fat store
- Do not snack by skipping fat burning protein
- Do not eat carbs
- Do not hold out to your hunger
- Do not over-train
All these steps will ensure that you become fit and healthy and gain the lean look just as your desire.
One last thing! Always hire a physical trainer and keep consulting with your dietician from time to time. That will ensure proper training and success. Remember, your diligence is the key to your success.