Have you ever taken a look at the Engineered Wood Flooring? If not, then you should. It is made of hardwoods that are quite strong. Different wood layers are glued together to form a hard structure that is quite durable and is called engineered wood flooring.
Why should you install this flooring at your home and office?
Well, in this article, there are a few points discussed below that will explain to you why it is highly recommended to be used in homes and offices.
What is the cost of the flooring?
The price of the engineered wood flooring can be a little costly, but when you add the installation price to the maintenance cost, it is quite less in comparison to any other flooring. As a result, it allows you to upgrade your property by investing a small amount, according to flooring365.co.uk.
Does the wood flooring hold up?
The warranty of the wood flooring ranges between 10 to 20 years under normal conditions. It means that you can also have one or two pets at your home even after installing this flooring and it will last for a period of 10 to 20 years without any wear and tear. Some companies also provide a lifetime warranty while purchasing these products.
How to store an engineered wood floor?
- Store in a covered and dry place.
- Do not leave directly on the ground. It is recommended to use pallets at least 8 cm high, due to the possible humidity of the base.
- Never leave the boxes upright or supported at only two points, as this would deform the pieces.
- This type of floor must be acclimatized to space where it will be installed, so it must be left in place for at least 72 hours before being installed.
- For daily cleaning it is recommended to use a soft, clean and dry cloth. If there are some stubborn stains, you can apply a specific product for the varnish promptly with a soft cloth on the stain and then a clean, dry cloth.
- Wait at least 12 hours before putting the furniture on the floor.
- Immediately clean the floor when a liquid spill occurs, as well as the direct entry of water can be from rain through the windows and doors.
How to maintain the engineered flooring?
For daily maintenance of engineered wood flooring, mopping with the help of a clean cloth would be sufficient. For effective cleaning, you can also opt for vacuum cleaning once a week.
How to install an engineered wood laminate floor?
If it is to be installed in a newly built location, it must be structurally complete and closed, including exterior doors and windows, so as not to increase the moisture content within the space.
Tools and accessories to install
- Broom or vacuum cleaner.
- Hygrometer (humidity meter).
- Taco to hit.
- Meter of measures.
- Safety glasses.
- Circular saw.
- Miter saw.
- Masking tape.
- Rubber mallet.
- Metal plain.
Engineered wood floors can be glued directly to the slab or substrate; for this, the surface must comply with the cleaning, humidity, and leveling conditions.
A leveling product should be applied since the floor must be very even. This leveling must not tolerate imperfections greater than 3 mm, measured with an aluminum ruler over a length of 3 meters.
When cutting a wood panel, a square must be on hand to mark the lines straight. If you use a jigsaw, you must put the drawn face of the board down. If a circular saw or handsaw is used, the drawing should be facing up.
The jig tends to fall out of the cut line. Therefore, you must hold the panel with the press and firmly grasp the saw with both hands. Try cutting with a wide blade, as the edges of the panel are less likely to break.
Wooden Floorings In Basements
Because of the moisture level in the basement, many wooden floorings are not the best option for basements. But engineered wood flooring can be installed in basements also. The wood has a natural tendency to contract and expand in the humid condition is reduced to a great extent. The thinner profile of the board helps in providing better flooring, but you need to do it accurately.
Engineered wood flooring can be installed on the dance floor also. They provide a smooth surface that helps the dancer to perform without falling. They are dimensionally stable and also do not deform or wrap in any case. They can bear wear and tear, and the durability of this flooring is also of top class.
- Check the humidity of the slab where the engineered wood floor will be installed. Slab humidity measurement is carried out with appropriate instruments (hygrometer). It is not convenient to install the product if the device has a degree higher than 40% relative humidity.
- The concentration of excessive weight per cm2 on any wooden surface is not recommended.
- Felt strips should be placed on furniture and rugs should be used under furniture with wheels.
- One week before the installation of engineered wood flooring, the use of the heaters should be discontinued entirely and kept off until at least one week after installation.
- The surface temperature cannot exceed 26ºC.
Try to use all the necessary tools and security elements according to the specifications of each manufacturer. Keep in mind the use of gloves, masks, and goggles to make the cuts.
Engineered wood flooring is a much better alternative compared to any other flooring and is much cheaper also. The manufacturing of the product provides better stability and is ideal to be used in many places. Because of its multiple advantages, the popularity of engineered wood flooring is continuously increasing. As a result, it also helps in providing an organic look at an affordable rate. So, you can opt for engineered wood flooring in a lot of places.