Both men and women are using manual razors from the last few centuries. Now, there are some other products that are available for the purpose of shaving. They include electric trimmers, shavers, and hair clippers. Now an important question that is asked frequently, whether we should use an electric shaver or manual razor?
So, let us discuss some pros and cons of both the products in detail. After reading this complete guide you will be able to select the right shaving product for your needs. We will compare some pros and cons of both electric shavers Vs Manual Shavers.
According to probeardtrimmer.com, men should keep both manual and electric trimmers in their shaving toolbox. Anyways, let’s discuss the primary part of the topic.
The type of shavers that are operated by an electric battery and motor are known as electric shavers. They require some charging before use and mostly their blades are made up of stainless steel. Philips, Panasonic, Braun and Remington, etc. are some notable companies that manufacture high-quality electric shavers in the market. They are many upcoming brands that are competing with them by offering high quality products along competitive market pricing.
- The option of a dry and wet shave is available. You can use it without shaving cream too.
- It has the capability to provide you a quick shave as compared to the manual razors.
- They are economical in price too. Their price normally starts from 30 US dollars.
- They have a variety of other applications as well. You can use a trimmer for a close shave, for keeping stubble, and much more.
- No issues of cuts and nicks.
- They are the best option for the people who have sensitive skin and other issues related to the skin.
- Many shaving experts claim that an electric shaver cannot deliver as close shave as a manual razor can and that is true to some extent.
- They require battery or power to operate
- Sometimes, they are difficult to handle due to their large size and weight.
- Their noise can irritate some people.
Manual shavers do not require any battery or motor for operation. They consist of manual stainless steel blades that are capable of delivering a close and smooth shave. They require a shaving cream as well.
Both safety and straight razors are considered as manual shavers. Usually, a straight razor is capable of delivering a more close shave as compared to the safety razor. But as the name implies that safety razors are safe to use as there is less risk of cuts and injuries.
If you are a newbie and want to use the manual razors than go with the safety razors first. After some practice, you can switch to straight razors as they are risky for beginners.
- They can deliver a smooth and close shave
- They are economical in price as compared to the electric shavers
- Due to their lightweight, you have full control over them during a shave.
- You can replace its blades and other equipment very easily
- They are easy to carry and clean as well
- Shaving with a manual razor can take longer as you have to apply some other products like a shaving cream
- They require a shaving cream and a brush (most of the time).
- Shaving with a straight razor requires a lot of practice. Otherwise, there is a risk of cuts and other injuries on your face
- You need to change the blades after 4 or 5 shaves as it gets dull after few shaves.
- You might also need a good aftershave for manual razors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why electric shavers are expensive?
First of all, I want to make it clear that electric shavers are not expensive. Their price starts from 30 US dollars to onwards. You can buy a good quality product in the range of 100 United States Dollars.
How to take care of your electric shaver?
It’s a good practice to clean your shaver after every use. So, that its blades will perform well. Try to choose a product that has stainless steel blades and a fast motor. Also, make sure to charge a trimmer fully before every shave for the best results.
What should I Choose? An Electric Shaver or a Clipper?
In my opinion, both of them work fine. You can choose a product depending on your requirement. Most of the time barbers like to choose hair clippers. Similarly, for full fades, hair clippers are known as the best tool.
For a comparatively closer shave, an electric razor is the best option. All of these tools are fine.
Final Conclusion about the Electric Shavers vs Manual Razors
So, we have shared a fair review of both the products. A majority of men like to keep both of them in their shaving toolbox and that is a good option in my opinion. Personally, I like to keep both of them too.
Generally, it is seen that people with the old school of thought that love traditional shaving creams like to use manual razors. Please note that the manual razors include both safety razors and straight razors. Similarly, the barbers and hairdressers like to play with straight razors as they have more practice on them.
Our younger generation and teenagers like to use electric shavers most of the time. These electric shavers have a variety of applications. Companies have manufactured some electric shavers for a close shave, while others are for stubble and vice versa. For that reason, they are loved by teenagers and the younger generation.
So, both of them have their own pros and cons. If you don’t want to compromise on the close shave than a manual razor can be a good option for you. While if you want a tool for styling than no one can beat the importance of an electric trimmer. In short, it all depends on your need. I hope that after reading this guide, you will to able to select a good shaving tool for you.