Are you looking for an effective logo design? If yes, you should know what makes it unique. Well, you are in the right place. In this article, we will discuss some helpful things to consider while selecting a logo for your brand. Many people often struggle to design a logo that represents their business perfectly. The primary reason is a lack of knowledge. If you are in a similar situation, you must gain some helpful information regarding the same.
You might already know the importance of a logo in a business. It helps in building your brand’s identity. You can attract many customers with its unique design. So, it is necessary to focus on it. Also, keep in mind that the logo needs to be attractive and resonate with your brand.
Nowadays, it has become more convenient for people to get their logo designed from reliable platforms. There are a lot of options available for you. You might even get confused as to which one to choose. But only a few of them can help you get a creative design. If you are looking for the best one, you can visit creative-critters.co.uk.
Are you curious to know more about logo designs? Let’s not waste any more time and five deeper into the same.
What are the principles of a logo design?
The following points might help you identify what type of design would suit your brand.
- Simplicity is necessary: Some people think that a logo doesn’t stand anywhere if it’s simple. However, that is not true at all. Simplicity is an essential element for various reasons. When you consider it in the design, people will quickly understand the idea behind your business. In other words, they will know what your brand is all about. You can effortlessly convey your message to people from it. Also, they won’t have to struggle to find out the name. It will be clear and concise. One of the most famous examples is the Nike brand’s logo. How simple yet unique it looks. Maybe that is why the brand has grown over the years and will continue to improve its growth. The company has focused on suitable graphics, color, and typeface in the design. You can see the name as there is no complex use of shadows, fonts, shapes, and more. The white space is also an important thing to consider while creating a layout.
2. Use of suitable colors: The use of colors must be perfect. Otherwise, you won’t be able to connect with the viewers. Colors are beneficial in bringing out hidden feelings. You might have experienced it yourself. Every color represents an emotion, and you can feel that emotion by looking at it. So, you have to select the one that resonates with your brand’s idea. Here are some instances which will clear your doubts-
- Red: Red is the symbol of youth. If you want to attract the younger generation, you must select it for your logo. People are instantly captivated by the vibrance of this color.
- Yellow: What do you feel when you see yellow? A sense of hope, happiness, and new beginnings. Lay’s company has yellow in its logo which makes chips. McDonald’s has also used it. There are many other companies as well. You should use this one when you want to convey this message to the viewers.
- Blue: Blue represents intellect, sociability, networking, and more. You might have seen that many social media platforms have blue in their logos.
- Green: Green color is for nature. Therefore, companies that provide herbal products use green color in their logo designs.
3. Versatility is crucial: You might already know that your logo will be printed on your products, digital posters for advertisements, and more. So, it needs to be designed in a versatile manner. Otherwise, it will not look great everywhere you want to place it.
But the main question is, how will you assess the versatility? It is not as challenging as it seems to be. A straightforward way is to analyze all the things where you want to print or post the logo. Now, select the design keeping them in your mind.
A responsive design would also help in achieving versatility. The creators must use proper use of shapes, fonts, and colors in it. Also, there should be fewer shadow effects. It will not be clear to even read and recognize the message behind it.
4. Memorable: There might already be some unique logos in your mind. It is because these companies focused more on simplicity. However, the design is still impressive. The best thing is people won’t ever forget the brands due to their fantastic symbol design. You can also use this strategy while choosing the perfect one for your business.
5. Balance and proportion: These two factors are beneficial to look for in a logo. You may ask, why? Well, people always prefer a proportionate and balanced layout. It also attracts them towards the brand. If your brand’s logo is not structured correctly, it will not look attractive. The designers must combine all the components appropriately. They should keep balance and proportion in mind. Even if the design is creative, it will not look good to the viewers.
6. Timelessness is essential: Your brand’s logo should be designed in a way that it looks stylish even after some years. In other words, you have to decide on a creative yet unique design. You might have seen some old companies still have the same layout. They have also inspired some new brands. You can also try a classic design, but for this, you have to research a lot.
7. Size: The size of the logo also matters a lot while placing it on different things. So, you have to choose a suitable size that can fit anywhere.
The Bottom Line
From the above information, we have concluded that selecting a logo is a pretty challenging task. However, you can make it easier by considering some principles. We hope this article helped you in understanding them in detail.