Hanh Thich once stated that “while the seeds of rage and fear reside within us, don’t encourage them to flourish but rather nourish our positive qualities.” The day to day life offers numerous challenges. It may range from tragedies, unexpected curveballs, stressful days at work to challenges with family and friends. So waking up and flowing alongside whatever life brings is no longer a viable option. According to MyEssayGeek you need to create the happiness that you so desire to infect you and influence those around you. Is there a better way to realize this than to practice kindness?
Methods to Cultivate Kindness in Relationships
Everyone holds the key to their happiness. One such key is the practice of kindness to each and everyone around you. That real compulsion to act and assist your loved ones. So how can you cultivate kindness?
- Regular meditation. It is important to note that kindness can develop in the form of an official meditation. Not many individuals believe this, but Buddhist monks practiced it for thousands of years. To participate, you have to assume a particular posture or sitting position as in other forms of meditation. However, you can also practice it while sitting, lying down, or standing virtually anywhere you can focus.
You must adhere and follow the simple instructions to practice successfully. The instructions can sometimes adapt and apply differently. However, to understand the instructions that sometimes pass as complex, unpack it into three proceeding points.
– General love. Where you need to reflect on a close associate you love or yourself. Imagine that person and refer them to feelings of compassion and love. Let the feelings of compassion and love develop and expand.
– Refer the love back to yourself. In this step, use the imagination of feelings of compassion and love in the previous step to redirect them to someone else who you care for and repeat the mantra utilized in cultivating such qualities. The mantra entails words such as “Be Loving,” “Be Compassionate,” “Be Kind.”
– Send it to others. The last step entails sending compassion and love feelings from the second person in the second step to someone you don’t know so well, such as an extended family relation. From here, you proceed to an impartial stranger (maybe an individual you briefly met at the supply store yesterday), and finally, to an individual you dislike.
You need to consider the drill as an advancing scale that moves from your inner circle and further out until it covers everyone.
- Within abrupt challenges: Love and compassion are qualities that form a powerful force to do good – both within individual selves and when referred towards others as well. When we encounter challenges, the qualities of compassion and love shine through and carry us through the tough times. Such challenges can cause us restlessness and friction with loved ones. The inclination is to attack and snap at others without merit from this foundation of anxiety and stress.
But, taking a moment in the face of such an invent to recite a basic mantra as discussed earlier can help. You instead focus on individuals involved in the challenge (you included) instead of moving outwards. You will be capable of firming yourself up and improve your surrounding as you go on navigating the challenges.
- While offering your time’s worth to a closely cherished cause: It is one of the most active options of practicing compassion and love with a different strategy. You must pick something that you truly care for this strategy to work. It can be anything from a loved one to a cherished cause that the challenge has impacted.
It premises on the idea of direct and personal connection. You personally and directly connect with individuals in a manner that permits you to have and build the same compassion and caring feelings. The same feelings you form when you practice the kindness meditation.
The active option discussed was a common practice among the Zen monks in addition to other practitioners. The deeds transform and develop into the actual practice. You only require some practice to experience the fulfillment this version of the practice brings.
- After heartbreak: Most people frequently beat themselves up after experiencing a heartbreak, even in instances where the heartbreak wasn’t their doing. You will ask yourself about the things you could have done differently. On the flip side, you can blame your ex-partner and bear the weight of hatred. All these only contribute to hurting yourself, irrespective of the angle you choose.
In such instances, a dosage of love and kindness directed either at another person or yourself can relieve you of the burden. To do so only requires you to get rid of the steady expansion outwards to other people. All you need is to focus on yourself and the individual involved. The reason for its significance is it allows you to build compassion for others and yourself, which is essential to forgiveness.
The use of love and kindness as a form of official meditation or direct therapy will give you peace and ground you. The application for kindness gives specific methods to bring out children’s natural ability for kindness and generosity. These methods include dodging external rewards for kind behavior so that kids get to experience the feeling that kindness is its reward, boosting kids’ character alternatively of their behavior so they come to see kindness as a vital part of who they are, and modeling kindness in your behavior since things tend to speak louder than words when it comes to nurturing generosity.
Growing a kinder person – and nurturing kindness in your children and students – isn’t something that occurs overnight. It takes training to turn your best purposes into concrete steps. I hope these kindness exercises provide an effective way to start developing that attitude today. The different benefits of this powerful practice will help you to navigate seemingly insurmountable obstacles the day to day life brings. It will also boost your levels of happiness both within and around everyone you interact with. Regardless of the method of practice, you prefer to use; chances are you will form the success statistics.