There are factors to consider to ensure that you choose the right air conditioner. First, decide whether you need a new one in your new office or a replacement for an old unit in your workplace. There are different types, models, and brands of air conditioners, and they also vary in size. It’s essential to choose the right one because it will ensure the comfort of both the employees and clients. Plus, it will also have a positive effect on the productivity and health of everyone in the workplace.
Moreover, you can be sure that your equipment and devices are protected from overheating. Here are things to consider when choosing the best air conditioner for your office.
The office size plays a crucial part in determining the best AC to purchase. Naturally, a bigger room requires an air conditioner with a higher capacity to ensure that it cools the entire place efficiently. Getting an AC unit with a lower capacity to cool your space could result in the discomfort of your employees. On the other hand, using one with a higher capacity than you need would not be practical as you will spend more than what you need.
In addition, more powerful ACs are more expensive, and they use more energy than your office requires, so your energy bill may also go up. Measure the size of the office as the air conditioner specialists will need this information when you purchase your AC. It will help them calculate which air conditioners will meet your needs based on your office size.
Number of people
People in the office also add to the warmth of the air indoors, which means that the more people that occupy the office, the hotter the temperature will be. If clients also stay within the office vicinity, the temperature will increase, so you will need a more powerful air conditioner.
Blowing noise coming from the air conditioner is normal. However, there are AC units that still operate more quietly than the others. Newer models often have this feature, although it’s still best to verify it when you make a purchase. Ask the seller to get this information.
Keep in mind that the installation also affects the noise, so improper installation could make the unit noisier than it should be. Ensure that you only let a reputable and professional air conditioner service provider install your AC to make it as quiet as possible. Click here to find out more about this kind of service.
A noisy air conditioner could be a source of nuisance. It could affect the concentration of the employees, which subsequently affects their efficiency and productivity. Also, if your office receives plenty of calls, the noise could influence the call quality. It would be difficult for the customers and your staff to hear each other over the phone, especially if they are also talking near each other.
AC sizes also vary, so consider the size of the unit you will choose. Some units eat more space than others. Some have smaller sizes, while the others are portable. If your office does not have much extra space, a large air conditioner may not be the best option.
There are different types of air conditioners, and each has its benefits.
- Central air conditioning. It provides easy installation; it’s a space-saver, and also energy-efficient.
- Multi-split. It’s a space-saver that can cool a maximum of five rooms while allowing temperature control in each room.
- Ducted system. It’s customisable and can cool several rooms making it ideal for workplaces with many rooms.
- Energy efficiency. Newer models are mostly designed to be energy-efficient. It means that you can enjoy the comfort of a cool temperature in the workplace without worrying about the high electric bill compared to older models. Gadgets and appliances have energy labels that show their energy ratings. The higher the ratings, the better. The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, or SEER, is also a new way to rate the energy efficiency of ACs. Look for those with high SEER value. There are also ACs with energy-saving settings. When this setting is enabled, both the compressor and fan will automatically turn off when the temperature in the room cools.
- Programmable settings. Old air conditioner models were not as accurate as the new models. You need to turn the buttons to make the cooling setting high, low or medium. Modern air conditioners have digital programmable settings. You can easily set an accurate temperature by pressing the numbers that correspond to your preferred temperature. Some systems even let you set it to turn on and off on a specific schedule automatically. For example, if your office operates on particular hours each day, you can set it to automatically turn on a few minutes before the start of the office hours and turn off when the office closes. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn it off, which could be a waste of energy. There’s also no need to come early to the office to turn it on, as it will automatically do that.
- Wi-Fi enabled. Air conditioners that come with this feature let you conveniently adjust their settings using your smartphone. You don’t have to go near the AC physically because you can control the settings remotely.
- Auto-clean and antibacterial. Keeping the air conditioner clean is essential because it affects indoor air quality. Although professional air conditioners and air duct cleaning are still needed regularly, you will benefit from an AC with auto-clean and antibacterial features. These features help prevent the growth of bacteria and other organisms.
- Sleep mode. This feature automatically reduces the cooling of the AC every hour. Since the air is cooler at night, it will still feel comfortable even when the temperature slightly adjusts. It’s relevant to companies that operate 24/7.
An air conditioner is a huge and vital investment for the workplace. Consider the factors given above when deciding which to buy to ensure comfort in the office, without spending more than what you need.