As we all know, the process of organizing a wedding can be time-consuming, and quite overwhelming. However, besides choosing your venue, wedding dress, and suit, as well as ensuring that everything is perfect, there is something else you might want to consider doing before your wedding takes place – having a pre-wedding photoshoot.
But, whether you chose to keep the images for yourself or share them on several social media platforms, you might be wondering, what can we do to stand out from the crowd? Well, this is why you might find this article helpful. The text below will feature some of the best ideas that you can choose for your pre-wedding portraits. Let’s take a closer look at the list:
1. Include Your Best Friends
By deciding to include your friends in the shoot, the entire thing will be more special. Just imagine how much fun it would be – your friends are probably going to crack jokes the entire time, hence, you and your partner might end up smiling in each picture. You can opt for a themed session or it can be a casual one, however, whatever you choose, including your friends is something that you will never regret.
2. If You Have Furry Friends, Bring Them Along!
If you have a dog or a cat, you probably consider them a part of your family. Is there a better way to make your images more unique than your pets participating in the session? Probably not. Simply said, your pet or pets will definitely make everything cuter, more adorable, and quite awesome!
3. Sky Lanterns, Colors, And Fireworks
Since your wedding celebration will be lively and grand, so should your photoshoot. Basically, you should use colorful accessories and props that will brighten up your images. You can choose a wide range of things from sky lanterns, color bombs, fireworks, or color dust. Of course, you should keep in mind that you must consult your cameraman before implementing any of these things. Especially since he or she can provide you with additional, creative ideas.
4. What About The Rain?
When you think about romantic comedies, they all have one thing in common – rain. Rain has long been a symbol of romance, and you can choose it to be your background. You can also make it fun and use various props such as an umbrella, however, you can also choose to get soaking wet. Whatever you end up choosing, you might get some really amazing photos. You can check out bestinau.com.au for more information on wedding photoshoot ideas.
5. Retro is Back
Take a look at some old Hollywood or even Bollywood movie and get inspired by the retro love stories told in them. You can, for example, choose to recreate a famous scene from a movie or you can simply get inspiration about what props you should use. Also, keep in mind that retro is one of the most loved and attractive shoot ideas that you can choose.
6. Black And White is Always Fashionable
Nothing screams elegance more than classic, black & white images! Firstly, they will look perfect when they are framed and hung up on the walls in your house, and second, this effect will make you and your partner look elegant. Keep in mind that is also looks great on video, hence, you can ask the person you hired for some video ideas as well – once again, they might have a creative idea on what they can capture.
7. Focus On The Places You Love Most
Forget about the fancy restaurants and the big squares, instead, opt for a location that both of you love. For example, go back to the place where you had your first date or visit the location where he/she proposed to you. Not only will this allow your cameraman to take some mesmerizing images, but, you will also remember all of the wonderful times you had at those locations.
8. Opt For Fantasy Pictures
Another interesting thing you can choose is to have a fantasy shoot. However, this will require you to have a photographer that is skilled in editing pictures, but, you can probably find one for that. This type can turn you and your partner into miniature versions or you might end up floating in the air – which means that the pictures will definitely stand out from the crowd. So, if this sounds appealing, think about what setting you want for your shoot!
Bonus Tips – How to Choose a Person For The Job?
When you are thinking about hiring a photographer, you should consider a few things before you choose to hire anyone. The things you should consider include:
- Their Experience Level – whether you choose to have a fantasy or simple, black & white pictures, the one thing you’ll definitely want is for the person to be experienced. Hence, look at their website and portfolio. Browse through all the pictures they took and determine if you like their work. If there are no pictures on their website, you might want to consider choosing a different person.
- Check The Reviews – the second thing you must check are the reviews. Now, of course, the first place you should read the reviews is the website of the person you are looking to hire. However, you might also want to check independent websites that will tell you what experiences previous clients had. Naturally, if the reviews are not so good, opt for a different photographer.
- Ask Them if They Can do What You Want – different photographers used different equipment, hence, one person might be able to do what you want, while the other cannot. That is why it is important to tell them what you want, as well as ask if they can pull it off. This will save you from a lot of stress later on.
- The Price is an Important Factor as Well – like everything else in life, the price for a photoshoot will probably depend on what you want. Hence, again, you will need to talk to your photographer and determine what the final price would be. However, keep in mind that you should check other prices as well before opting for a final photographer.
As you can see, there are various pre-wedding photoshoot ideas that you can choose – from including your friends and pets to opting for a wide range of effects and props. However, whatever you choose, having a pre-wedding photoshoot will create some amazing pictures, as well as memories of that day. So, now that you know what you can choose, do not waste any more time, and start thinking about what you want your pictures to look like!