sigh. i really wanted to do a "What`s in my Purse" for July (since i`ve resolved to AT LEAST do this monthly, but the last few days of that month were marked by storms that rendered fotologging impossible. well damn, y`all. had i known that this site was dependent on the weather, i wouldn`t have procrastinated. ;)
anyway, here is (finally!) a fresh "WIMP" for you strange, dear folk who cherish this fotolog so fiercely. like the june edition, it`s a bit of a unique WIMP. we`re going to peer at the contents of my Manhattan Portage messenger bag, which is far more useful than a purse WHEN FLYING. yes, flying. you`re allowed one carry-on and one "personal item", and if you think i`m wasting my "personal item" on one of my small-ish purses, you`re a daft springer spaniel (see: diary post "my dog is too smart to OD").
besides, my current favourite purse is a basket w/two handles. one wee bit of turbulence and my shit would go careening about the cabin. can`t have that. so our trusty RED messenger bag it is-- see it in the tiny inset, bottom right corner? :) i used it as i flew to and fro delaware, where i just spent a week (7.19-7.26).
inside, wock-clise from the top:
1) the New York Post!!! i LOVE this paper. bought it at the airport and enjoyed it thoroughly...i think on my previous trip to the right coast, my most blissed out moment in philly was when i found a new york-ish newsstand selling the Post outside of a Cosi where i was about to tax a TBM sandwich. yum. i was ecstatic. snarky faux-journalism AND fresh journalism? sold, to the lady who over-loves nyc.
2) gorgeous spangly pewter butterfly hair-clip. purchased in nyc. it`s claws are so strong, it can contain an updo. seriously.
3) aleve. in june, there was a special event that i was at, when i had the worst headache of 2004. no drugstore nearby, no relief in sight. i have carried something like this since. owww.
4) sweet pea moisturizing anti-bacterial hand goo from bath and body works. b/c the world is FILTHY! FILTHY!!!
5) boarding pass for my fave airline, United. see the teensy pic of the red bag on top?
6) aveda all-sensitive lotion. i have this tremendous fear of being parched anywhere, in public.
7) lilac metallic pentel gel roller
8) extra batteries for MP3. i hate this brand.
9) astralwerks compilation CD i STOLE from S`s car, b/c i knew i`d miss him, and i wanted to snatch something of his...don`t flame me: i left my "to the five boroughs" CD in his stereo, so that whenever he fired up his ride, he`d hear "ch-ch-ch-check it out"
10) chance perfume by chanel. to be used sparingly. it`s a fucking airplane, not a club.
11) Sniff kleenex for affluent people who shop at Papyrus in Grand Central. six adorable designs, ten kleenex for $2.00. honestly? you`ve never seen kleenex like this. they`re like dinner napkins, y`all. spend $2.00 and feel RICH. ;)
12) rio MP3 player that was a gift from my baby seester :) Currently in heavy rotation: 10,000 Maniacs, Biggie, Cocteau Twins, Travis, Bebel Gilberto, Dilated Peoples, Liz Phair, People Under the Stairs, Luscious Jackson, Throwing Muses and of course, the Pixies.
13) evian vaporisateur. see: number six. airplanes dessicate.
14) AMAZING cardamom lip balm. you have no idea. boys won`t understand why they want to kiss you. and manish? this is one type of exoticization you would condone. ;)
15) inhaler. can`t be too paranoid on a flight.
16) fantastic Loreal juicy tube lip gloss in strawberry smoothie, a pinky-gold colour that you want.
17) the only gum i torture my jaw with: altoids. halitosis in close quarters is the WORST.
maybe i`ll try to do this more often, to make up for July`s glaring omission. you`ll just have to wait and see, eh? :)
On August 04 2004 16 Views
Jessie On 06/11/2004
<A HREF="http://wishingfish.com/sniffs.html" TARGET=_top>http://wishingfish.com/sniffs.html</A>those tissues, sold in packs of 6 for $7.50 (so, 60 tissues for $7.50... seems kinda insane thinking about it but they`re cute...)
Star_little On 12/08/2004
....oooO..................(....)... Oooo.........)../. ...(....)........(_/.......)../...... .............. (_/......... PASE POR ............... AQUI ........
Cookiemonsta On 05/08/2004
Nik On 04/08/2004
just notices the wedding cake on `sniff.` Trying to tell us sumfin`? ;)
Hedonist On 04/08/2004
sigh. item number one SHOULD read:1) the New York Post!!! i LOVE this paper. bought it at the airport and enjoyed it thoroughly...i think on my previous trip to the right coast, my most blissed out moment in philly was when i found a new york-ish newsstand selling the Post outside of a Cosi where i was about to tax a TBM sandwich. yum. i was ecstatic. snarky faux-journalism AND fresh MOZZARELLA? sold, to the lady who over-loves nyc. sorrrry.
Cookiemonsta On 04/08/2004
~wock-clise... hehe u funny!!~told u.. if u stop over in Philly again.. HOLLA @ the youngin`!!~butterfly clip? for your OH SO LONG hair? impressed!!~sweet pea smells soooo good!! *side note* one of my friends calls me "Kochu payar"... he was trying to say sweet pea, but said little instead! :)~ya do it more often!!
Sexin_dirtywater On 04/08/2004
Thanks, I like it as well